Author Topic: Effects >>>COMPLETE<<<  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Effects >>>COMPLETE<<<
« on: Monday 06 June 05 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi experts

I want a dark green gloss door with a brass knob.

I have got the right colour geen but don't know how to make it look gloss.

I assume I do the knob a brass coloured yellow but how do I make it shine like metal?

I'm using Photoshop 3 elements

Thanks 

Jane
Notts: Burrows, Comery, Foster, Beeson.
Derbys: Burrows, Comery, Smith  Lincs: King. 

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Effects
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 June 05 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,
  can you post a  picture of the door? I'll have to think about this one. A very interesting challenge indeed.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 June 05 19:30 BST (UK) »
Here is the door

Jane

Information contained within Census Lookups is Crown Copyright:  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 June 05 00:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane,
Wow, that’s a mighty tiny bit of door you’re talking about. The brass knob is no big deal. With this tiny size the best we can do is use the curves adjustment layer and push and pull those curves till you get the desired effect.

As far as the glossy door goes, you really haven’t got much to work with there. What I suggest is look at the PM’s front door and you can see distorted reflections. If you place another image over the door and reduce its opacity and add a slight gaussian blur also adjust the brightness you should start to get that high gloss look.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Jane Eden

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 June 05 07:05 BST (UK) »
Its hubbys birthday today (the boy on the left) so I will have to wait till the weekend to have a play. Thanks for the tips I will see what I can do.

Jane