Author Topic: Where is Gewin?  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Gewin?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 07:56 BST (UK) »
Sunny Govan  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 13:59 BST (UK) »
 ???
Gowrie is still a possibility .... there are many William Flemings from the Greater Perthshire area.   Blairgowrie for starters ?
I've meddled with the picture .... manipulating the evidence, so to speak,   :-*
cheers, Ian
and happy hunting!
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 14:02 BST (UK) »
PS. I didn't add anything ... just took away!
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 14:26 BST (UK) »
You did a good job there, Ian! I can see Gowrie too now.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 June 21 14:41 BST (UK) »
 :-*
Well Monica, the proof will be whenever his birth is confirmed ... I did a wee search and found many Flemings but the OP will have more details of his life and connections, hopefully, cheers, Ian