Author Topic: Violet Agnes Hepburn Lamberton Mordington  (Read 3087 times)

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Violet Agnes Hepburn Lamberton Mordington
« on: Wednesday 20 March 13 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am trying to trace any information on Violet Agnes Hepburn b.25th Feb 1891 fourth child of Benjamin Hepburn 1861-1903 and Agnes Mary Hepburn nee Hepburn 1864-1894. She was born in a refuge for destitute women in Edinburgh although her parents were married and the previous three children were living with Benjamin and the extended family on the Preston Mains Estate in East Lothian where he was the Factor. All I know about Violet is that she was living with her step mother Janet nee Blair in 1911 at 4 Gardiner Street Dunbar following  the death of her father in 1903. I have heard rumours that she lived in Lamberton for the rest of her life, didn't marry or have children and died in her 90s. Janet died in Mordington (no address given) in 1925 but after that I have no idea what became of Violet. I feel that she has got lost in the family and I would like to know more about her so that I can record her for posterity.
Any help would be great
Alison

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Agnes Hepburn Lamberton Mordington
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,

Scotlandspeople has a Violet Agnes Hepburn death 1983 Haddington East Lothian , born c1891.
The certificate will not be available online.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Agnes Hepburn Lamberton Mordington
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, at least she had a long life, I hope it was a happy one!
Alison