Author Topic: KIDNEY family  (Read 4604 times)

Offline carole daniel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KIDNEY family
« on: Sunday 24 March 13 04:32 GMT (UK) »
KIDNEY Family - John Kidney born in 1790, wife, Mary (Clark) Kidney born in 1793, they lived in County Cork, with their son John Kidney born in 1821. I know they came from a place in Middleton and a place called Carrig twohill in County Cork, according to the Census of Canada. I believe the are either Methodist or Anglican by faith, they arrived Grosse Isle in 1845. They lived near Montreal Canada. What I want to know is their old life, who else they could be related to in Ireland. About the towns over there, as much as I can learn. I know about the life in Canada and about the younger John Kidney, (born in 1821), his grandson, Robert is father to my mother.

This is so important to me as I have researching the family since 1982. Please could you help me.
thank you,
Carole Lynn

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: KIDNEY family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 March 13 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi can you let me know which Surname originated where i.e Midleton & Carrigtwohill.
I live in Midleton and may be able to do some research here locally for you :)

Offline carole daniel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 March 13 17:42 GMT (UK) »
The surname is "KIDNEY" ! All the information I have put on line on this web site is all I know. I am so excited I finally have made contact to someone in their area, my stars! I am so happy! I am having trouble getting around this web site but I am learning. I want to learn more about the Kidney family if possible. The rest of the family, the area, some proof they were there.

I have so much trouble reading the crazy verification letters and numbers

Please get back with me,
thank you so much,
Carole Lynn

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 March 13 17:49 GMT (UK) »
I think what ballydw was asking is which of the two locations you mentioned the Kidney and Clarke surnames were from ?

Midleton is to the east of Cork city, near the coast, Carrigtwohill/Carrigtohill is a separate town (although quite close) and between Midleton and Cork city.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 March 13 17:58 GMT (UK) »
You can see some details on the town of Midleton in Lewis Topagraphical directory of 1837 on the Library Ireland website - see Midleton. Midleton/Middleton is also the name of the civil parish for the area.

The town of Carricktohill is about 8 km (c 5 miles), east of the town of Middleton and in the civil parish also called Carricktohill. (civil parishes usually equate to Church of Ireland parishes)

Entry for the town & parish on Lewis '37 - Carrigtohill

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline carole daniel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 March 13 18:08 GMT (UK) »
 Kidney is the only surname I feel I could get much, as Clark, well all I know is her first name, I don't have much luck finding females, without having a lot more information on her, such as parents.  But I do believe in miracles.

carole lynn   

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 March 13 18:17 GMT (UK) »
sorry - I was thinking Clark was Mary's maiden surname.

Church of Ireland (i.e. Anglican) records for the two parishes (i.e. Midleton & Carrigtohill) seem to go back far enough to possibly include a baptism for John, and maybe a marriage for his parents - assuming of course the family were Church of Ireland.

Unfortunately CofI records for these parishes do not appear to be included on RootsIreland (pay-website)

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline carole daniel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 24 March 13 20:33 GMT (UK) »
MY stars yes, Sometimes my mind doesn't work right!  Yes John's wife is Mary Clark. Call me slow, I am sorry.  If you could use CLARK and find something, mercy yes, please. Truly I would be so tickled if you could find something on either John Kidney, his wife, Mary and or son John. Please keep in contact.
thank you sweetly,
Carole Lynn

Offline carole daniel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 24 March 13 22:29 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure what family name goes to which town or city.
Carole lynn