Author Topic: Wellogate Cemetery at Hawick  (Read 3809 times)

Offline DavidCowley53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wellogate Cemetery at Hawick
« on: Friday 29 March 13 19:10 GMT (UK) »
I'll be visiting Wellogate Cemetary in the spring and was wondering whether there is a map of cemetary online or is there an office at the cemetary that can direct me to a particular grave.  The information I have is WELLOGATE - BURGHAL SECTION - LAIR NO. 2175.   Also is it normal to have an office at Scottish Cemeterys that can assist one finding a particular grave.

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Wellogate Cemetery at Hawick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 April 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
In the pass you could go the the caretakers house at the entrance of wellogate cemetery and he could show where to go, but nowadays it may be wish to contact the Burials/Graveyards dept of Scottish Borders Council before hand, because caretaker not there these days. lair book is held by the Council - however the town hall may have a map of the cemetery, but not concern, its a very larger cemetery, but going by the lair no. you mentioned it could be in the first section between the house and the top wall towards the right.

I know lair 2404 & 5 is in that section

good hunting

Offline DavidCowley53

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Wellogate Cemetery at Hawick
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 18:07 BST (UK) »
In the pass you could go the the caretakers house at the entrance of wellogate cemetery and he could show where to go, but nowadays it may be wish to contact the Burials/Graveyards dept of Scottish Borders Council before hand, because caretaker not there these days. lair book is held by the Council - however the town hall may have a map of the cemetery, but not concern, its a very larger cemetery, but going by the lair no. you mentioned it could be in the first section between the house and the top wall towards the right.

I know lair 2404 & 5 is in that section

good hunting