Author Topic: William MacKinnon & Lucy Hughes - Scotland to Northampton  (Read 7424 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: William MacKinnon & Lucy Hughes - Scotland to Northampton
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 25 July 21 03:54 BST (UK) »
I had thought that maybe you would not check this website anymore as the posts were back in 2013!
I have only just started thinking about researching family history, but have to say that I find it totally absorbing!

Hi Sally,

I do check back but lately I've been engrossed in my DNA matches which is very time consuming with little reward in the way of replies or family trees to compare with  ::)

Anyway, regarding your family tree on your paternal side, I have 'Hebridean Mountains' ;D of it, all well researched & confirmed via BMDs & census' which I can help you with!

It will be good to find out about our more recent connections as my father told me a lot & at the time I thought I'd remember everything but...well...I didn't & it was too late by 2013 to ask him again  :(

Janey is right but I don't want to send a PM until you reply to this message, in case it doesn't go through.

Meanwhile, in case you don't have it, this is the original record of your father's BC

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Nelly Noo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 26 July 21 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie!
I think you are a much more advanced researcher than I am....!! 
All this research takes such a large amount of time, so I have to fit it in as and when I have the time (which hasn't been much recently!). 
I am more than happy to pass on any information regarding all the family based in the UK plus Mary's in the USA, just let me know what you would like and I can start putting something together.....
I know what you mean regarding memory - my father (William) died back in 1999 and I have forgotten anything that he told me regarding past family members.  My mother (who is mainly Welsh) is still alive and I have now asked her to write all information down for me, so that at least I have something to refer back to!
Would be more than happy to PM with more information and thank you for the copy of the BC but I think that is form my Uncle Angus?  Speak soon!  Sally

Offline Nelly Noo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 26 July 21 12:45 BST (UK) »
Dear Janey
Many thanks for your message with info - I have messaged Annie and so hopefully now we will be able to PM each other for further information swapping!  Very exciting!  Best wishes - Sally

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 26 July 21 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Sally, I'm just glad you're interested in your roots although I can only help with your paternal side.

I haven't received your PM but I will send you one & you only have to click on 'Reply' to send your message.

I don't have the BC for William, it's within the 100 yr privacy era i.e. not downloadable.

Speak soon via PM!  ;)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"