Author Topic: Workhouse ; Deal.  (Read 7634 times)

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Workhouse ; Deal.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 07 December 13 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks AJ, I know who his parents were and that his father was a solicitor. The records online don't show the church he was Christened in though... which record did you find that on & is it online?

Cheers
Jen

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 07 December 13 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Records for east Kent parishes (including images of the registers) can be found on Findmypast.  You may have free access through your local library.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 December 13 12:44 GMT (UK) »
I think I've been on FindMyPast before but have to pay for each record I find?? I have got a lot of documents from archive.org ... digitized books of parish records when I've been lucky to find them for other ancestors. this lee family has been difficult, too common a name, lucky if they have a distinctive middle name like Durban... but how name records include these when you're looking...

Not looked at my Lee side for ages, just someone was asking about it the other day which got me looking again... hence I found this thread...upside here is you have solved a mystery for me

Ian, sorry to have highjacked your thread here, but at least I'm not displaying 'your' 1871 census on Thomas Durban lee... poor little fella died at 1 yrs... happened so often them :'(

Cheers and thank you  :)

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 08 December 13 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks AJ, I know who his parents were and that his father was a solicitor. The records online don't show the church he was Christened in though... which record did you find that on & is it online?

Cheers
Jen
Hello Jen

I got his baptism from the parish records of which I have copies for Deal, Walmer, Sholden and some of Great Mongeham (work in progress). If you want anything looked up I'd be happy to do it.

Regards

AJ

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 09 December 13 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Hey AJ! I feel bad as I've hijacked Ian's post here... I've started a new thread of my own here

"Robert Paramor Lee (1806-1890) line Sandwich, Kent" ... with a couple of questions for you :)

Ian good luck with you searches!

Cheers
Jen

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 09 December 13 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jen
Terribly sorry but I don't have the records for Sandwich, only Deal & Walmer. I read your other post and saw you were wondering about moving between churches - people did, there was no rule saying they  had to attend one particular church, though it was usual to attend the one in their own parish.
I'm sorry I can't be of help on this one

Regards

AJ

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 09 December 13 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi AJ thanks for your help anyway. I'll have to see what I can find on archive.org when I have time, not looked at my tree in months, Cheers

Offline Reuben Hathaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 06 January 18 19:26 GMT (UK) »
hi jethro lee was my 4th great grand father his son thomas had a daughter patience who was my 2nd great grandmother,i have a family photo of her,i cant find much about jethros siblings apart from he had a brother neptune who died as a baby,has anyone got any info on jethros siblings,i do have quite a bit of info but i would love to know more about him thanks