Author Topic: Winstanley's of Ormskirk and Pendlebury/Pendleton(Salford) Lancs  (Read 1607 times)

Offline paintedlady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winstanley's of Ormskirk and Pendlebury/Pendleton(Salford) Lancs
« on: Wednesday 17 April 13 00:30 BST (UK) »
I am actively seeking information regarding the Winstanley family, the father Walter Harold being born in Ormskirk (1876).  One of his daughters Jessie Elizabeth born 1910 in Pendlebury, Manchester happens to have married my father in 1932 and was his 1st wife.  They had a baby daughter in the 1930's (exact date edited by Moderator) and Jessie sadly died in childbirth , they called the baby  Barbara J (maybe be  Barbara Jessie).  Barbara is the half sister myself and siblings never knew existed as our father married our mother 3 years later and we were never told about his previous marriage and daughter!  I have discovered details of her whilst tracing the family tree.

Did you go to school with a Barbara J Jones?  Do you know of her?  Does anyone have any photos of her or know of her current whereabouts?  I would love to know more about her and meet her but i am having difficulty tracing her.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Winstanley's of Ormskirk and Pendlebury/Pendleton(Salford) Lancs
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 07:57 BST (UK) »
www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
Winstanley Walter Harold  .North Meols.North Sefton .mothers maiden name DANDY  NM/35/139

So Walter was born just outside Southport although Ormskirk would be Registration Office

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Meols

might I suggest you delete Barbaras details - Rootschat doesn`t encourage details of living people ...this is Rootschat Policy
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 08:03 BST (UK) »
www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
William Winstanley to Elizabeth Dandy at St Pauls, Southport  - North Sefton  XC1/1/42

Walter Harold Winstanley parents ...??
can I ask where you received the info they were from Ormskirk / Pendlebury / Pendleton ??
or
do we have 2 Walter Harold Winstanley born in 1876 ??

allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 08:20 BST (UK) »
IF - I do have the right Walter Harold Winstanley ...his father William was from Southport at the time he got married
www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html
Marriage 24th april 1867 at St Paul, Southport ,Lancashire
William Winstanley aged 20 a Stonemason of 101 Upper King St ,Southport
Elizabeth Dandy aged 28 Spinster of 91 Upper King St ,Southport
grooms father - James Winstanley,Stonemason
brides father Richard Dandy - Labourer
witness John Adams   Anne Dandy
married by Thomas C Clarke

Elizabeth Dandy baptised 13th January 1839 at Christ Church,Southport
father Richard Dandy - mother Mary Ann
occ Labourer
abode Southport
baptised by William Docker 

18th november 1832 at St Cuthberts North Meols ,
Richard Dandy to Mary Meadow - both of this parish

so North Meols looks to be prominent

Offline Gilli MacG

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 January 22 19:23 GMT (UK) »
I am Barbara's daughter and Jessie and John were her parents and her mum Jessie died in childbirth 3 weeks after giving birth to Barbara in June 1932.

Pleae get in touch for more information.

Thanks Gilli