Author Topic: MY MAIN LANCASHIRE SURNAME INTERESTS - GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Jenny White

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
 ;)

I have been relatively (pardon the pun) successful in tracing my relatives in Lancashire up until now.  Main surname interests are:

GORNALL in Preston
TABERNER in Pemberton
FAIRCLOUGH in Wigan
MCINTYRE in wigan.

Unfortunately on each of these I have now reached dead ends.

If you have any information on WILLIAM GORNALL born abt 1840 and who may be married to either ANN HIGSON or ANN NIXON (or possibly both at some time) abt 1859 and their son GEORGE THOMAS GORNALL born about 1860 all in Preston please contact me.

The TABERNER relatives begin with MARY TABERNER born abt 1858 Pemberton (she is the daughter of PETER TABERNER and ISABELLA WRIGHT) and she married  MICHAEL MCINTYRE born  in Ireland abt 1853.  They married 1881 in Wigan.  I think I have traced the TABERNER line back to JOHN TABERNER born about 1765 and married to MARTHA PENNINGTON. This couple's children were born in Wigan.  If you think there could be a connection please get in touch.

My FAIRCLOUGH connections begin with ELLEN FAIRCLOUGH born abt 1863 in Wigan.  She was the daughter tof THOMAS FAIRCLOUGH born abt 1826 in Wigan and MARY.  ELLEN FAIRCLOUGH married GEORGE THOMAS GORNALL in 1881 in Wigan.  I think THOMAS FAIRCLOUGH could be the son of JAMES FAIRCLOUGH and RUTH who married 1825 in Wigan.

The MCINTYRE interest begins in Ireland.  Father OWEN MCINTYRE born Ireland (maybe Donegal) abt 1821 married to MARY.  I only know of two children MICHAEL MCINTYRE born Ireland abt 1853 and ANNIE MCINTYRE born Ireland abt 1860.  Owen McIntyre is deceased by 1881 when MARY, MICHAEL AND ANNIE MCINTYRE are living in Wigan.

:-* Thanks Jenny
COCKSEDGE, MCINTYRE, WHITE, MARSH, CARR, HATTON, GREEN, GRIFFITHS, MEEK, PHILLIPS, GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH, PANTRY, KELSEY, ROWBOTTOM, COY, DREWERY, ASHLEY, BINNS , SATTERFITT and many others. Main areas, Suffolk, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Lincs, Gloucestershire, Staffs, Somerset and Ireland.

Offline jinks

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Thomas Pye
    • View Profile
Re: MY MAIN LANCASHIRE SURNAME INTERESTS - GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 August 05 10:57 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather lodged with some Gornalls
at Barton, just outside of Preston.

Are these your Gornalls?

He was stationed there with the RAF, I believe
the mast is still visible in a field.

Jinks
Ashton Lancashire
Eccles Lancashire
Fletcher Lancashire
Harwood Church/Darwen
Jackson Staffordhire/Worcestershire
Jenkinson Cockerham
Marsden Hoghton Lancashire
Mercer Lancashire/Yorkshire
Pye Wyresdale
Singleton Lancashire
Swarbrick  Longridge
Watt Scotland/Lancashire

Offline Christopher Jones

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: MY MAIN LANCASHIRE SURNAME INTERESTS - GORNALL, TABERNER, FAIRCLOUGH
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 November 18 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Hey ive just started going though my family tree and found John Taberner Born 1766