Author Topic: Norwegian ancestry - who would have thought it!  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Pi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Norwegian ancestry - who would have thought it!
« Reply #54 on: Friday 12 May 17 07:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for providing the info on Johns parents etc. I've been trying to find out where John and Barbara came from as I would also like to visit there one day!!!  I don't think you can be more a viking if you come from an island in a fjord  ;D

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Greensleeves

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 12 May 17 22:15 BST (UK) »
I agree - have you looked at the island on Google Earth - it looks wild and amazing?   I would love to go there; as you say, you don't come much more Viking than that.  In fact it reminds me that my daughter has never been particularly interested in my FH research, until I discovered the Norwegian connection.  The fact that she was descended from Vikings suddenly got her very excited.   ;D
Suffolk: Pearl(e),  Garnham, Southgate, Blo(o)mfield,Grimwood/Grimwade,Josselyn/Gosling
Durham/Yorkshire: Sedgwick/Sidgwick, Shadforth
Ireland: Davis
Norway: Torreson/Torsen/Torrison
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Yazz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 06 July 17 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All. Have we all caught up with the new info?? Any more Torrison relations out there??