Author Topic: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August  (Read 6344 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 August 13 21:43 BST (UK) »
Be honest Monica

You didn't come because it didn't require a new hat  :P

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 25 August 13 22:00 BST (UK) »
 :P You know me too well!

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gerryfarrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 25 August 13 22:26 BST (UK) »
A very big thanks to Sarah & Trystan for coming to our show, and to all the roots chatters who came along to meet them. It was a really successful day just sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you all but I was running about all day ensuring things went smoothly.
Farrell / Mcpolan / Devlin / Flood / Kelly/ McGovern/ McCormick
Letham / Leatham / Cattanach/ ODonnell/ BoyleRoss/ McLeod
McAnaw/McInaw/McNay/ Finn/ Eliott
Pollock / Hyslop/ Elder/ Renfrew/ Hart/ Brydon

Motherwell / Anderson / Tradeston / Govan/ Bridgegate/ Aberdeen / Old Machar/ Lanarkshire/ Leadhills/ Penpont/ Muirkirk

1st Royals

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 25 August 13 22:31 BST (UK) »
Well the chairman is getting on a bit Gerry, someone younger has to do the running about  ;D

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 25 August 13 22:45 BST (UK) »
Guess from that Gerry and you Sancti are working hard  ;D

Successful day for sure  :) Well done all of you for organising this all. Have heard via emails etc how successful the day has been so congratulations to all of you for all the organisation.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 26 August 13 09:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry and the LFHS,

I can only echo Monica's sentiment re your organisation, it was superb. From 10:00am the crowds thronged the place. I understand this was your first event, and what a great success it was. I never met you personally, but spoke to Bob, your chairman, who said you were dealing with the lectures etc.

Had a great day, I would do it again, now I have regained my voice.

Tom.
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 26 August 13 09:45 BST (UK) »
it seems that we have thwarted an odd group who want to introduce average speed cameras on the A9  ::) ::)

Haven't seen that - brilliant ::) ::) ::) - daftest idea of the decade, that.

Still going ahead as far as I know. Ironic really because its being introduced as a response to constant carping of those who instead ought to be thanking their lucky stars that we are all daft enough to be spending £3billion on what is going to be the most lightly loaded dual carrigeway in the UK.

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline janglaschu

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine o'n dh'thainic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 26 August 13 11:18 BST (UK) »
I enjoyed the day very much, it was lovely to meet Sarah, to see the variety of information available at all the stalls, and to meet up with my old SFT buddies too! A good venue and the day seemed very well organised - well done folks! :)
Suffolk, England – Benstead, Boldero, Boldy, Boyns, Boynes, Collins, Cooper, Elliott, Fletcher, Laflin, Laws, Lankester, Markham, Marshall, Orriss, Steward, Taylor, Thimblethorpe
Scotland – Barclay, Campbell, Finlay, Freeland, Grove, Hay, Horn, Laird, McDonald, McKay, Milne, Mills, Peebles, Robertson, Shearer, Stewart, Strang, Thomson

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 26 August 13 19:42 BST (UK) »
Still going ahead as far as I know. Ironic really because its being introduced as a response to constant carping of those who instead ought to be thanking their lucky stars that we are all daft enough to be spending £3billion on what is going to be the most lightly loaded dual carrigeway in the UK.

If I thought it would improve safety on that damnably dangerous road, I wouldn't mind. At best it will not improve anything, and at worst it will exacerbate the problem by slowing the lorries down still further. The problem isn't people travelling for long distances at above the speed limit (chance to travel at the limit would be a fine thing), it's people frustrated by crawling along behind convoys of lorries trying to overtake when there isn't room. No average speed camera ever invented can possibly detect short bursts of excessive speed after tens of miles at under 40 mph. They would do far better to put the money towards dualling the rest of it.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.