Author Topic: Philip McDevitt - Fahan  (Read 5178 times)

Offline COLUMBA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Philip McDevitt - Fahan
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 April 20 23:35 BST (UK) »
I have some knowledge of Bp. Phillip McDevitt. I can take you to the grave of Bp. Phillip McDevitt, and the grave of Bp.Charles O'Donnell, who was Phillip's nephew. A very controversial character.
I also have a photograph of Bp. Phillip McDevitt.
If you want to know more about Bp. Charles O'Donnell then   youtube Ivor Doherty.
Doherty,McElroy, from Clabby Co. Fermanagh Ireland Gray,and Jessop from Liverpool

Offline COLUMBA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 April 20 09:49 BST (UK) »
There is a building in Derry City which Bp. Charles is responsible for stopping it getting built yet those who wanted it completed waited until his death and finished the building. That wait was in the region of eight years.
Doherty,McElroy, from Clabby Co. Fermanagh Ireland Gray,and Jessop from Liverpool

Offline COLUMBA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 April 20 00:57 BST (UK) »
I have quite a bit of info on Charles O'Donnell. Come back to me on this.
Columba.

Offline oisinh

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 October 23 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, I have been researching both Bishops McDevitt and O'Donnell. Owen O'Donnell and Margaret McDevitt appear to be either the parents or uncle/aunt of my own ancestor Dominick O'Donnell of Cockhill, Buncrana.

Unfortunately the links listed in this thread are broken. I have found some excellent old newspaper articles, but I'm keen to find more evidence of the link between the two families.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.