Author Topic: Completed- Thanks, Buckingham Parish Register Baptism Look Up Please  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed- Thanks, Buckingham Parish Register Baptism Look Up Please
« on: Tuesday 23 April 13 12:09 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a baptism for a child called John Thomas LIQUORISH parents William LIQUORISH and Elizabeth (nee HAILE)

He is on the 1841 census at Gawcott Road, Buckingham, aged 4 with his Mum and younger sister in his maternal grandparents house. Dad not recorded (and as yet I can't find him elsewhere but he does turn up in later census returns)  so I am not sure if they lived there or were just visiting.

There 'is' a birth registration in the GRO index for Q3 1837, Buckingham which I thought was likely to be him, but now I have a Royal Navy service record for a boy called John Thomas LIQUORISH which gives his d.o.b. as 14th August 1836.

If anyone has access to the parish registers and has time to have a look to see if there is a baptism 1836/1837 in the Buckingham Parish Church it would really help to decide if this really is his Navy Service record or not.

Sorry but its rare that this surname is recorded as it should be, the spelling variations are many and varied!

thanks

Boo

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Buckingham Parish Register Baptism Look Up Please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 14:06 BST (UK) »
Buckingham Baptism - 9 Sep 1837,  John Thomas, son of William & Elizabeth LIQUORISH.

That's the only record for LIQUORISH, in Buckingham PR's.

Baptism - 20 Jan 1813.  Elizabeth, daughter of Samuel & Mary HAILE of Buckingham, Wool Sorter.

Marriage  - 18 Jan 1808,   by Licence.  Samuell HAILE otp to  Mary(x)PENN otp.
Witnesses - John Bates & Priscilla(x)Batchelor.

Steve. :)

From BucksFHS - Buckingham PR's CD.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 14:24 BST (UK) »
Many Thanks Steve :-) That ties in with the birth registration.

I am still leaning towards the service record from the Navy being the same lad, fibbing slightly about his age would have made him over 18, rather than just under. The attestation page says that with the consent of his parents he had signed up for 10 years continuous service from the age of 18, in addition to whatever periods may be necessary till he attains that age.
Maybe he decided that he didn't fancy the few extra months on top of ten years :-)

Your help is much appreciated.

Boo

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 14:31 BST (UK) »
They appear in the 1861 census, under Lequoresh, living in Shoreditch, London. (According to Ancestry).

William Lequoresh b.1811. Shoreditch. Occ.Shoemaker.
Elizabeth Lequoresh, b.1813. Buckingham.
John Thos. Lequoresh, b.1841. Buckingham.  Occ.Smith. (He apparently dies in, o.n.d. 1888. Aged 50. in Shoreditch).

RG 9; Piece: 243; Folio: 92; Page: 13.

Steve. :)

Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Completed- Thanks, Buckingham Parish Register Baptism Look Up Please
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 14:43 BST (UK) »
Oh yes, thanks, the later stuff is fairly well sorted now, looking for the baptism was prompted by getting the Naval Service record and trying to decide about his actual birth year.
Nice of you to look for the census though, thanks

Boo