Author Topic: Link:Telegraph branch general post office Manchester in 1920 old Photographs  (Read 3932 times)

Offline walker1234

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hi all ive Just started scanning some of the old documents that my family has acquired over the years. None of the documents relate to any of my relatives , but im sure there might be someone out there happy to see some of the stuff we have .
Ive got a photo album of manchester telegraph branch from 1920 ....you should be able to see the photos on photobucket via this link ;http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/Burnt_Bunny/telegraph%20branch%20post%20office%20manchester%201920/telegraphbranchgeneralpostofficemanchester1920.jpg
vann - Manchester, exley - great harwood/whaley bridge/heckmondwike.
ashton - manchester
woodward- manchester
Stevens- bideford. Davey- bideford.
 hughes- Manchester
walker- Manchester
cox - Manchester. Nichols - Worcestershire. newey - Birmingham
Llewellyn-Bristol/birmingham

Offline LynneOz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link:Telegraph branch general post office Manchester in 1920 old Photographs
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 13 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

My great grandfather was John William Garlick who retired from the Post Office in Manchester in 1930 as the Chief Inspector of Telegraphs.

I am currently writing a family history and would love to include the photo you have of the telegraph room and also the 3 superintendents at the end. I have no idea if one of these three men is my great grandfather. I have tried to save the image but cannot. If you could send me those two photos, I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers

LynneOz
Garlick Richards Taylor Earl Orchard Lally Schmarbeck Bateman Swindells Williams

Offline Jes54

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Link:Telegraph branch general post office Manchester in 1920 old Photographs
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 April 14 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My Great Grandfather, John Martin lived in Gorton in 1871 and his occupation was an Inspector of the Telegraph Service. In 1881 he is down as being a Head Inspector of the Telegraph Civil Service in Preston.
They are very interesting photos. Thankyou.