Author Topic: ADDERLEY Marriage 1829  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Irene Lilian Hunt

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
ADDERLEY Marriage 1829
« on: Thursday 09 June 05 04:26 BST (UK) »
I would be most grateful is someone has access to the Adderley Parish Records for 1829 if they could look up a marriage for me.

The date is 31 December 1829
The couple are - Joseph HUNT & Hannah BLOORE

I would like to know any other info that is on this marriage entry.

Some years ago I paid a considerable amount to a researcher in England who advised me that Joseph's parents were John Hunt and Mary Blantern and Hannah's parents were Abraham BLOORE and Rhoda AUSTIN.

He also charged me for info regarding Hannah Bloore saying she had been married previously to a PRESTON.  This I have since discounted as the Hannah Bloore who was married to a Preston was having children at the same time as Joseph Hunt and Hannah Bloore's son James Hunt was born in 1830.  And indeed the Hannah Preston nee Bloore had children for some time after.  In fact I think she may have been my Hannah Bloore's niece.

I then found Hannah Hunt died Market Drayton March Qtr 1838.

I then found Joseph Hunt and his son James on the 1841 census (Market Drayton) living with an Esther Hunt and their was another child - female - whose name appeared to be Rhodeth aged 8.

I now have paid for the certificate of the marriage of Joseph Hunt and Esther Jannott at Market Drayton 15 May 1841 (just prior to census).

Joseph Hunt's father is said to be Joseph Hunt. Both Joseph's are said to be labourers.  Joseph Hunt (the one being married) is said to be a widower.

I truly believe that this is the Joseph Hunt I am looking for - he married Hannah Bloore in 1829, they had a son James in 1830 (and throughout his life he always says on every census that he was born in Norton in Hales) and on his marriage certificate he says his father was Joseph Hunt - labourer.

Help please - where do I go from here!!

I feel cheated - I paid so much money and got this family back to far and it's wrong!!!

And the person I paid was through Family Tree Magazine.

Meanwhile - its all fun isn't it?

But I take it deadly seriously!!

Cheers, Irene Hunt, Australia
NORFOLK: Spinks, Clay, Balls, Fife, Whistler, Head, Child, Youngs, Rising, Millican
SOMERSET:  Clay, Crosse, Oldfield, Harding, Curry
SHROPSHIRE:  Hunt, Cox, Bloore, Blantern, Cooke
FLINTSHIRE: Hunt, Mather, Cooke
KENT: Barwick, Jarman, Pearce, Graves, Beane, Scales
ARMAGH:  McArdle
TIPPERARY:  Beven/Bevens/Bevins, Cleary, Ryan
OFFALY: Cleary
GERMANY:  Conrades, Busse, Habenicht, Appuhn, Hage, Hillmer, Hernig, Wockener, Meyer, Schnranz
ESSEX:  Smith, Page

Offline tomsher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ADDERLEY Marriage 1829
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 May 10 15:22 BST (UK) »
Hi irene
just wondered if some of my shropshire hunts are any relation to you or yours i have a kate hunt born 1869 who marrried a john bradley, an alfred hunt born 1835 married to an eliza appleford and various others
sharron
Pearson:Salford & Liverpool
Bradley:Salford & Shropshire
Barrett : Salford & Blackburn
Stuart/Stewart:Edinburgh & Dundee

Offline Irene Lilian Hunt

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 05:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks for reply.

All of mine seem to be around the Whitchurch/Adderley/Norton in Hales/Market Drayton area,  with a cross into flintshire (Bangor-Isy-Coed).

If I could only find someone who could view the actual parish record of the 1829 marriage it might give me a clue.

Cheers,
Irene
NORFOLK: Spinks, Clay, Balls, Fife, Whistler, Head, Child, Youngs, Rising, Millican
SOMERSET:  Clay, Crosse, Oldfield, Harding, Curry
SHROPSHIRE:  Hunt, Cox, Bloore, Blantern, Cooke
FLINTSHIRE: Hunt, Mather, Cooke
KENT: Barwick, Jarman, Pearce, Graves, Beane, Scales
ARMAGH:  McArdle
TIPPERARY:  Beven/Bevens/Bevins, Cleary, Ryan
OFFALY: Cleary
GERMANY:  Conrades, Busse, Habenicht, Appuhn, Hage, Hillmer, Hernig, Wockener, Meyer, Schnranz
ESSEX:  Smith, Page

Offline jane harrison

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 22:27 BST (UK) »
hello irene
dont know if this is your people as spelling is diffrent
joseph bloor and hanna barratt married on 10th april 1822 at st james audley staffs this joseph was a boatman (worked on the canals)