Author Topic: 1847 & 1848 Death Notice Look Up Please  (Read 1868 times)

Offline SueChris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1847 & 1848 Death Notice Look Up Please
« on: Saturday 27 April 13 00:17 BST (UK) »
Is anyone able to help me with looking for a death notice in a newspaper for

James HENDERSON Esqr died 21.12.1847 buried at Mt Jerome Cemetery but of Hollybrook, Clara, Kings County.
also
Caroline Anne HUGHES buried Mt Jerome Cemetery 1848 (I don't have an actual date of death)
buried in the same vault as James and I think she is the daughter of William Henry Ellis & Ann Ellis (nee Henderson) so niece of James. William and Anne lived at Monkstown Dublin. Caroline was in her twenty second year at time of death so born C1825/26. I have not been able to find a baptism under Caroline Anne Henderson. The only child I have found born to William & Anne is a son born C1831 William Henry Mandeville Ellis who died at Monkstown in 1911 and who is also buried in the same vault.

Many thanks

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: 1847 & 1848 Death Notice Look Up Please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 April 13 07:51 BST (UK) »
James HENDERSON Esqr died 21.12.1847 buried at Mt Jerome Cemetery but of Hollybrook, Clara, Kings County.  also Caroline Anne HUGHES buried Mt Jerome Cemetery 1848
.... I have not been able to find a baptism under Caroline Anne Henderson. ...

Best bet for a death notice is Freeman's Journal - which was published in Dublin. It's available online on several (subscription) websites -  IrishNewsArchive,  BritishNewspaperArchive etc, and also on microfilm in some larger libraries..

You didn't mention a denomination for these families, but I'm guessing probably Church of Ireland ?

Clara came under Kilbride CofI parish, which unfortunately is documented as being one of the 'lost' parishes.

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 May 13 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

Would this young lady not have been baptised Caroline Anne Ellis?   Where does Hughes come into the picture - or did she marry a Hughes?

Maybe I'm tired and missing something here ....   Lol

Cheers

Offline SueChris

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 May 13 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi, yes I am presuming she is their daughter and that she would have been baptised Caroline Anne Ellis but I can not find a baptism nor can I find a marriage to a ?  Hughes.

Thanks
Sue