Author Topic: Hit a brick wall!!!!  (Read 10076 times)

Offline lwalk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hit a brick wall!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 13 May 21 11:10 BST (UK) »
I am also a descendant of Elizabeth Hogan/Mancktelow. Her son Thomas had a daughter named Hazel who is my great grandmother. I too have hit a brick wall finding more about Elizabeth's parents- Daniel Hogan and Elizabeth (listed as an Aboriginal woman). If anyone has any more information I'd very much appreciate it.

Offline lwalk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 21 January 22 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have traced Daniel Hogan and his family back to Ireland and have s death at Dunwich. Elizabeth who was with Daniel was an aboriginal woman born in Wellington NSW. She married Patrick Augustus Higgins and had two children, Patrick John Higgins and Elizabeth Mary Higgins. Patrick and Daniel were both convicts.  Patrick Augustus Higgins died when Elizabeth Mary was a few months old. I have all the birth, death, marriage certificates as well as all the convict records.   It is all quite an interesting story. I am willing to share what I have but not sure how as it is quite large.   I even have photos and proof of everything.  Any ideas how to give it to you?

Hi Jagsun,

I can’t figure out the direct message / PM feature. But would appreciate any information you’d be able to provide if you’re able to message me or see this reply.

Thank you very much

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 21 January 22 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Iwalk, you need to make one more post, any old thing will do, and that will activate the messaging system for you

Offline lwalk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 22 January 22 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help mckha489, that’s worked and I’ve been able to message Jagsun. Fingers crossed.