Author Topic: Hit a brick wall!!!!  (Read 10005 times)

Offline millie2009

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hit a brick wall!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 27 May 17 02:00 BST (UK) »
Hi  I don't know that I can provide any new information.  I was hoping to be able to learn more myself.  What I do know is that Albert & Elizabeth Mancktelow were my GG Grandparents.  One of their children my G Grandmother Ruthes Manktelow b 1888 married John Taylor 1903.  My Grandmother Blanche Taylor was their first born in 1906.  Blanche then had a child in 1930, Esme and another in 1932, Coral.  My Mother was Coral and she was adopted out.  To my knowledge she had no knowledge of her birth family, however it appears that Esme was either not adopted out or reconnected with her Mother at an early age as Esme's marriage makes reference to their relationship.  My mother's original birth certificate had father unknown and as Blanche's surname was still Taylor one can only assume she was unmarried for both births.  She did however marry in 1934 to Arthur Harris, I am not aware of any further children.  My Mother passed away in 1979 when I was 10 so any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jagsun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 27 May 17 06:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have traced Daniel Hogan and his family back to Ireland and have s death at Dunwich. Elizabeth who was with Daniel was an aboriginal woman born in Wellington NSW. She married Patrick Augustus Higgins and had two children, Patrick John Higgins and Elizabeth Mary Higgins. Patrick and Daniel were both convicts.  Patrick Augustus Higgins died when Elizabeth Mary was a few months old. I have all the birth, death, marriage certificates as well as all the convict records.   It is all quite an interesting story. I am willing to share what I have but not sure how as it is quite large.   I even have photos and proof of everything.  Any ideas how to give it to you?

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 27 May 17 07:14 BST (UK) »
Excuse my butting in again ... :)

Either of you can send a personal message to the other including your e-mail address.

To send a personal message, click on the circle under their name containing a letter/page.   This will open a new window into which you can type a personal/private message.

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline jagsun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 27 May 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I didn't know that.

Offline Sacbris1978

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 December 17 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

My name is Jason, Elizabeth and Albert are my ggg grandparents. I would love any information or pics of this family if anyone is happy to share, also any family stories. Also interested if anyone knows any information about Walter John Mancktelow born 1927.
Thank you
Jason
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.[color]

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline vette81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 March 18 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Millie2009, this is my first time on Rootschat so I hope I can get it right!  I do have some information for you regarding Albert & Elizabeth (nee Hogan) Mancktelow, who are buried together in the Toowoomba Drayton Cemetery in Toowoomba Qld.  They are my Great Grandparents, their daughter RUTH & John Taylor are my grandparents, they are buried together in the Woombye Cemetery in Woombye Qld. Their daughter SARAH ANN JANE & George Henry Cranswick Parker are my parents. Your Grandmother Blanche was my mother Sarah's oldest sister. Blanche lived in our local area & we saw her & Uncle Arthur often, they never had children.  She died in June 1970 & is buried in the Caloundra Cemetery.  Esme married Steve Chaplin and lived in Caloundra & Beerwah Qld. She died in 2003 & is also buried in the Caloundra Cemetery. We knew Aunty Blanche had another daughter named Coral but we never met her.  Maybe if you send me your email I can give you more information.  Hope this helps you & happy to be in touch with you, Joy

Offline Neil Croll

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 18 March 18 04:58 GMT (UK) »
One of the problems in dealing with Australian Aboriginal marriages was that Aboriginal people were not considered to be people at all in the early days, and it's only recently that they have been included in censuses at all. I know how it feels to hit a brick wall but how must they feel?

Offline Sacbris1978

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 05 April 18 15:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

Albert and Elizabeth are my ggg grandparents. I was curious if anyone out there has a photo of them ?
Thanks,
Jason

Offline vette81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 06 April 18 01:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason,  Albert & Elizabeth are my Great Grandparents and unfortunately I don't have any photos of them either, most disappointing.

Joy