Author Topic: Doyle/ Barron  (Read 2315 times)

Offline bmk923

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Doyle/ Barron
« on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:31 BST (UK) »
I have come to find out that Elizabeth Mary Doyle (born 1862) (who married Patrick Cleary) from Whitechurch, New Ross, Co. Wexford's father was James Doyle and mother Marcella Barron..  James was born around 1835, son of John Doyle. I just can't seem to find any other information on James Doyle, John Doyle or Marcella Barron. Hoping someone else may?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Doyle/ Barron
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:36 BST (UK) »
Previous topic on this family for reference : Whitechurch, New Ross / Cleary & Doyle

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:39 BST (UK) »
I have come to find out that Elizabeth Mary Doyle (born 1862) (who married Patrick Cleary) from Whitechurch, New Ross, Co. Wexford's father was James Doyle and mother Marcella Barron..  James was born around 1835, son of John Doyle. I just can't seem to find any other information on James Doyle, John Doyle or Marcella Barron.

did you locate a marriage record for Elizabeth and Patrick ?

The dates involved would be all well before the start of civil records so you would need to check records for the relevant parishes.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline bmk923

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:41 BST (UK) »
I got into contact with a Wexford County Librarian.  He wrote me this: I have checked the Horeswood parish registers and have found the following.  Patrick Cleary and Elizabeth Doyle were married on October 28th, 1879 and their first child Mary was born on the 5th of October the following year. As the library's microfilm of the parish register ends in 1880, I cannot give dates for the rest of the children although you can work out the years of birth from the census returns.  Patrick Cleary is the first of that surname to appear in the parish registers and there are no Clearys listed as occupiers of property in the area in the Primary Valuation of 1853.  It would seem, therefore that Patrick moved to Whitechurch when he married.  Cleary is a common surname elsewhere in County Wexford and also in the surrounding counties and I have no way of finding out where he was from.

Elizabeth was a native of Whitechurch.  She was born on the 5th of October,1862 in Whitechurch, the daughter of James Doyle and his wife Marcella, nee Barron(I think).  James may have been born on the 4th of April, 1835,  the son of John and Bridget Doyle. John is listed in the Primary Valuation of 1853 as the joint occupier of a house in Whitechurch valued at £1, 15 shillings. I am attaching an image of the page from the Valuation book.( The Parish of Whitechurch referred to is a Civil Parish, a division used for official purposes and by the Anglican church.)  You will notice that there is a Philip Doyle listed in Whitechurch as well.  It is possible that he is related but I have been unable to find a connection in the registers.

The earliest surviving records for Horeswood parish are from 1824, making it impossible to trace the family back any further.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 16:50 BST (UK) »
Other than the baptism and marriage records, I think most of that information was already mentioned in the other thread - Horeswood is an alternate name for the RC parish of Suttons.
My Surname Interests

Offline bmk923

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 21:02 BST (UK) »
Correct, most of that I already had.  now I'm trying to work on Marcella Barron and James Doyle, if possible.

Offline TEKane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 10:51 BST (UK) »
If you’re still interested in the Cleary of Whitechurch side I can have a chat with my Father for you. (My Great) Aunt Ciss (Agnes was her name, buried in Bunclody) was the last Cleary on the farm.

Offline TEKane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 10:58 BST (UK) »
Sorry, Ciss was Mary Agnes. Grew up with her as Aunt Ciss, knew her name was Agnes, just found the Mary part in the website for Bunclody graveyard.