Author Topic: Looking for henry marsh in chichester  (Read 11116 times)

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for henry marsh in chichester
« Reply #45 on: Friday 20 July 18 17:07 BST (UK) »
Hello Lancastrian Girl

Welcome to Rootschat :D

Eddie hasn't been around since Nov last year but hopefully he will hear he has a reply and pop back

Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline eddie marsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 23 July 18 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Lancastrian girl,
I see we are related, but not via Albert. There is another Brother, Edward Marsh who was my grand father. I have quite a detailed account of him and how he came to live in Birmingham.
I would love to see your info and those photos.
Regards,
 Eddie Marsh.

Offline Lancastrian girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 23 July 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Eddie what a lovely surprise, I always forget Edward I think he never featured in my memory, Joe and Grandad were together in Chi and of course I have Albert's birth certificate. Perhaps it was your grandfather and family who came to stay Mum said from up north, hardly in today's world! I will find some photographs you might like to see and the documents signed Mary Marsh 1812. I still think if we could find out about her and transpose the notes we may find some more answers. I had a long list of things to do today but have been trying unsuccessfully  to read any 0f  her text when I hold the paper it is quite would love to hear all about your Grandfather was he in the 1914 war, where did he go to school so many questions to ask, have you any old photo's? Have you been down to Chechester to see where the family lived? It is a lovely city and grew up there myself. I will send the little notes first . Thanks relative for replying!!. My friend who has been putting together my family tree and put the message on line has discovered that we are relatives on the Shawyer side (henry's wife Martha, sadly I never met her she died when I was 3months old

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 23 July 18 17:17 BST (UK) »
Lancastrian girl

If you are having trouble reading the notes you can post on
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/handwriting-deciphering-recognition/

and rootschatters will come to your aid.

Also if you want to send a private message to Eddie, to exchange emails or whatever, you will need to post once more here and then click on the little message icon  over on the left under Eddie's name etc.

Jan ;)

ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge