Author Topic: Newton in the Isle - TANSL(E)Y  (Read 2132 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Newton in the Isle - TANSL(E)Y
« on: Saturday 04 May 13 22:13 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the PRs for Newton in the Isle please and could possibly check a couple of entries?

1811 marriage - Robert Tansly and Sarah Marriot

Index entry from Boyds so unfortunately no date.  Just interested in the full details, especially marital status and residence if not "of this parish" and witnesses.

8 Nov 1812 - baptism of Elizabeth Tansley dau of Robert and Sarah

I'd be interested if there are any additional details as to what their "abode" was and occupation.

I'm trying to help a friend track down her Tansley ancestors and while I know there are quite a few in the area around Newton (from indexes on FindMyPast), can't at present connect them to a family living elsewhere but these are definately a possibilty.  I also know experience that the FindMyPast entries don't always include all the details from the original. ::)

Any help appreciated. ;D

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day