Author Topic: Norman harold abraham allen  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Ausjules

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Norman harold abraham allen
« on: Monday 06 May 13 12:17 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the names of normans parents and where in ireland he was born but have been unable to find his death cert. He died in victoria au about 2002. Any help would be much apprieciated as the only record i could find was one census record in the late 70s.
Rusk, hangan, hartley, mccombe, county cavan ireland.  - Knight, hance, surrey  - slater, king, paisley renfrewshire scotland.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Norman harold abraham allen
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 May 13 12:32 BST (UK) »
Lots of helpful information has already been posted on your previous topic (death 2006 not 2002)-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=612670.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline emilypos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 May 13 14:04 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the names of normans parents and where in ireland he was born but have been unable to find his death cert. He died in victoria au about 2002. Any help would be much apprieciated as the only record i could find was one census record in the late 70s.

What late 70s census record ? No censuses were kept in Australia till 2004 .  He is in the Melbourne VIC  electoral rolls  for 3 yrs between 19777 - 1980 . He had a wife named Joyce Ann.

Were you able to get a look up of his death notice in the  Melbourne newspaper ?

Bye

Emilypos

Offline Ausjules

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Birth/death dates for mary OSULLIVAN and john GRATTAN
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 May 13 05:06 BST (UK) »
Hi emily, sorry i meant electoral roll :/ i didnt even mean to post that on here again and now i cant work out how to delete it lol. Unfortunatly i havnt been able to get anyone to look up his death notice but hopefully i will be able to get his death cert in a few weeks and that will give me some further information. Thanks heaps, julie.
Rusk, hangan, hartley, mccombe, county cavan ireland.  - Knight, hance, surrey  - slater, king, paisley renfrewshire scotland.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 May 13 05:31 BST (UK) »
Lots of helpful information has already been posted on your previous topic (death 2006 not 2002)-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=612670.0

The 2006 notice in the Age newspaper is a Probate Notice, the Melbourne Herald-Sun has a death notice for Norman Harold Allen in 2002 (link on other topic)

Andy

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 08 May 13 06:08 BST (UK) »
I have posted some information about purchasing his death cert online as a death in 2002 is classed as an historical death and no identification papers are required. 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,612670.0.html

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisa1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 October 19 07:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie, I am the niece of Joyce Allen who was married to your late grandfather Norman Allen.  Could you please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanks Lisa

Offline Lisa1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 October 19 10:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie, thank you for replying, as this site is new to me and I am not sure if we can private message each other, as I am hoping to be able to make direct contact with you.  I have many documents and information you would be interested in. 

Thanks Lisa