Author Topic: Henry Terrell Hodge and Sarah Ann Pugsley born Harberton  (Read 6412 times)

Offline Lesley1257

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Terrell Hodge and Sarah Ann Pugsley born Harberton
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 05 July 18 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Polly. You made me revisit all of my records on Henry Terrell Hodge and family. I haven't looked at this part for years. Yes I agree there is no Father named on his baptism/birth. Also on his marriage. So it looks like I'm so wrong. This is brilliant in a way because I am now able to put my tree right. Now I'm also stuck on Mary Hodge. As for Henry's father has anyone looked at Henry Terrell?   There are only a few in Devon. One in 1841 born 1801, married but living very close by to a Thomas Hodge born 1816 a tailor (Lamerton) Did Mary visit her brother? Meet Henry Terrell? I wonder what happened?
 Think I'll be looking at these just to abate my curiosity. Brainstorming is definitely the way to go. 🤔😊

Offline pollyhow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 14 July 18 05:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Polly. You made me revisit all of my records on Henry Terrell Hodge and family. I haven't looked at this part for years. Yes I agree there is no Father named on his baptism/birth. Also on his marriage. So it looks like I'm so wrong. This is brilliant in a way because I am now able to put my tree right. Now I'm also stuck on Mary Hodge. As for Henry's father has anyone looked at Henry Terrell?   There are only a few in Devon. One in 1841 born 1801, married but living very close by to a Thomas Hodge born 1816 a tailor (Lamerton) Did Mary visit her brother? Meet Henry Terrell? I wonder what happened?
 Think I'll be looking at these just to abate my curiosity. Brainstorming is definitely the way to go. 🤔😊

Hi Lesley,

It’s good you had a rethink. It is so easy to jump to the wrong conclusions and head off in the wrong direction. I have now received a death PDF for Henry Terrell Hodge. Thought there might be a faint possibility of it having his parents’ details but, unfortunately, no, it doesn’t. I does tell us however that he died at 6 Artisans’ Dwellings, Notte Street, Plymouth, which is the address of his son, the informant, your ancestor H.T. Hodge. It also tells us that he died of bronchitis/asthma. I could forward you a copy of the PDF if you like – let me know.

Have you a copy of the marriage certificate? They sometimes show fathers’ names. If you haven’t a copy, I may order one.

I did look into your suggestion of searching on ‘Henry Terrell’. A good thought, but I couldn’t find any strong leads. I finally ran out of steam. Have you had any success with it?

That's all for now,

Polly :)

Offline Lesley1257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 14 July 18 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Polly. I have seen the marriage certificate for Henry and Sarah on Find My Past. I have a subscription so can access all records.  The original states no Father for Henry only Thomas for Sarah. Thomas Pugsley was also a witness. If I can I will send you a copy. I'm still looking at Henry Terrell as the Father but nothing jumps out at me at the moment. Will still carry on looking. One day the mystery may unfold. Here's hoping we can go back further. Also I would love to see his death pdf if you could send it please. 😊

Offline Lesley1257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 14 July 18 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Polly. I can't send the file.  It's too big apparently.  How do people share images on roots chat?  🤔

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 14 July 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesney,
Just Personal message Polly and exchange email addresses and then you can send the files :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Lesley1257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 14 July 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish.  Will do. 😊

Offline Lesley1257

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 16 July 18 11:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Polly.  Trying to PM you but emails keep on being rejected as recipient email not found. Have you changed your email address? Lesley  :)

Offline pollyhow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 16 July 18 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Polly.  Trying to PM you but emails keep on being rejected as recipient email not found. Have you changed your email address? Lesley  :)

Hi Lesley,
I have just PM’d you again. Am mystified as to why my email is not found. I do receive emails from RootsChat so they must be up to date with my latest address. Here’s hoping it all comes right.
Polly