Author Topic: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6  (Read 10275 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Tommy

Would be interested to know how you've got around it as it's a very difficult to get rid of.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline tommyfromri

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe going to subscription only after Version 6
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 19 May 13 02:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Tommy

Would be interested to know how you've got around it as it's a very difficult to get rid of.

Gadget
Hi Gadget..in elements 9..I  duplicate layer in normal mode in layers panel-go to filter-noise-median- then set it for 1-5 depending on severeity the repeated pattern( such as newspaper dots, heavy texture etc )- then I go back to layers panel and click on opacity level and slide bar  left to fine tune the amount of the median effect..then I right click on that layer and either merge down or flatten image.. I had read it gave similar results as an fft filter.also when I googled fft filters for elements 9 it does show an fft plugin can be done with elements..but any of those free addons I avoid because they come with some sort of downside such as wanting to control what search engine I use and many other extra features I don't want just to download someone elses plugin.. also I sometimes use this effect in the luminosity mode as seems to be the topmost layer and doesn't disturb lower layers.. I can see the difference between modes normal and luminosity when I use the median noise reduction..Regards, Tommy

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.