Author Topic: Where is 'Coolatrimble'  (Read 9779 times)

Offline daganta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where is 'Coolatrimble'
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 March 14 02:40 GMT (UK) »
I just found it and has taken me hours!  I have been looking for the Johnsons of Coolatrindle,  Co. Wexford and just found Coolatrindle Kilmuckridge, Gorey.  I have attached a map showing how close it is to Wells and the Wells house where Janis and I (two separate Johnson searchers) found Johnsons selling property in Tomgarrow to the Doyne Estate (Wells House) and Now I finally found the place where I have found both an eleanor Johnson widow (loyalist compensations) and a william Johnson who was part of St. Mogal's Church Ballicanew.  I have attached a google map with places to see.  I am excited.

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 March 14 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daganta,
You have had more luck than me, I have not been able yet to find any positive link for my Roches in the area.
Did you click on Shanes link in reply #7 above to the Tithe Applotment books it shows a Thos Johnson in Coolatrindle.

M
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

Offline daganta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 March 14 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Actually no luck at all :'(  I found a family of Scallians/Scallans in the Ballysheen/Carne area with the right husband/wife (Scallian/Doyle) names but their son born same year was William not andrew (of Halifax Nova Scotia).  I also have not been able to find the Johnsons who arrived in Halifax from
wexford around 1801 (after rebellion) with money, who were so closely linked with this Andrew Scallian.   A Johnson cousin had y-dna test results analyzed by Tyrone Bowes of IrishOrigenes.com and found his closest matches were SCALLANs  so my 13 year hunch paid off but he was also connected to Browns and the area that has Browns/Johnsons/Scallans is in the Brownstown/castle area and smack in the middle of these two areas is ADAMSTOWN where I tracked some Doyles from PEI who were at Andrew Scallians marriage ceremony in 1820 Halifax. 

The only reason I was searching for Coolatrendle and all it's varients is because this johnson arrived with money (no townland locations for either the scallians or johnsons just wexford) and the rumors handed down that william may have married his dead brother's widow nothing lines up.  I have had the loyalist compensation list wherei found Elinor Johnson WIDOW of Coolatrendle  and that name was supposed to be this missing wife's name.  So frustrating dealing with all their secrets!