Author Topic: Marriage/Death in Peel, Streetsville  (Read 6687 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage/Death in Peel, Streetsville
« Reply #27 on: Friday 10 May 13 11:46 BST (UK) »
Canada Voters List 1940 - 196 Bowood Ave. Eglington. Ontario. Lloyd Kirkland - Government Inspector and also Mrs Lloyd Kirkland.

Canada Voters List 1945 - 312 Cranbrooke Avenue. Eglington. Ontario. Lloyd Kirkland. Civil Servant. Also Mrs Lloyd Kirkland.

Canada Voters List 1949 - 312 Cranbrooke Avenue, Eglington, Ontario. Lloyd Kirkland. Inspector. Also Mrs Lloyd Kirkland.

Canada Voters List 1957 - 312 Cranbrooke Avenue, Eglington, Ontario. Lloyd Kirkland. Dairy Insp. Also Mrs lily Kirkland.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 May 13 11:49 BST (UK) »
And Lily listed by herself :-

Canada Voters List 1972. Mrs Lily Kirkland. 312 Cranbrooke Avenue. Eglington. Ontario.

Canada Voters List 1974. Mrs lily Kirkland. 312 Cranbrooke Avenue. Eglington. Ontario.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 May 13 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra

Thanks for looking up all that info.

I think Alice was a pauper in 1881 but will have to check that.

Lily was born to Bertram's brother and wife, they both died early which is why I am guessing Lily was adopted by her "aunt and uncle" sometime between 1909 and 1911. 

Not sure if I have a actual birth date, will check.

I know about the Broadbear family but didn't realise they too also left England, so another "root" to follow!

Hmm, the marriage of Lily to a Kirkland, wonder if a marriage can be found which might give us her parents names, I am guessing she would use her "adopted" parents but if not they would have been John Charles Root and Mary Ann Gardner. 

Are you sure you have no-one I can try and help you with?

Many thanks again
Kind regards :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 May 13 13:53 BST (UK) »
Marriage records for 1928 have been released, 1 year is added annually, so it will take sometime before the marriage for Lloyd and Lily will be released, due to privacy restrictions in Canada.

However, with the information in the obituary on Pages of the Past by Run Kitty - Toronto Star, Feb 26, 1987 page G12 - there is no doubt that Lily Root Kirkland was your Lily.

The obituary said "  Lily was the cousin of Elva Honsberger and Violet Bentley" - these were marriages I had already uncovered for the Broadbear family and give a positive link.

The Mother of Alice Lambert was living with Bertram Root and Alice in 1901, if you track Eliza back she was born 1843 Ewell Surrey and that will lead you to Alice Gibson at 7 Park Lane, Cheam Surrey with Eliza Lambert in 1881.  Alice was a scholar.

Sandra

Added :- There are no Central registries/indexes in Canada for BMDs.  Canada has very strict privacy laws and each province imposes its own even further.  Additionally, some provinces are more research friendly than others so researching in Canada can be challenging.  The last available Canadian Census was 1911 apart from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta which was 1916, 1921 is due for release possibly next month.   As a guide BMD Records are only available for births more than a 100 years ago, marriages 80 years ago and deaths 70 years ago.
Trying to trace modern day families in Canada depends on newspaper announcements, cemetery records, obituaries, telephone directories etc., which is the way it has worked out in your case.

Offline cranstone

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 May 13 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra

Thank you again.

That is interesting about the records and when they are likely to be released.

Am off now on my hunting!

Kind regards

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 May 13 19:06 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome.  Just took a look at Walter Gibson (brother of Alice) aged 9 years on the 1881 census. Can find him in 1901 still living in Carshalton Epsom Surrey. Lodger. Under the name Walter Lambert aged 29 years. There is a death record for Walter Lambert born 1871 died Q3 1907. Epsom. Surrey 2a 4.

Sandra

Offline hkelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 13 October 18 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am hoping that this is still an active thing. I am the grand daughter of Daisy Eleanor Elva Honsberger (Broadbear) - daughter of Felix Francis Broadbear and Eleanor Root.

I would love to discuss this part of my family tree with anyone who would like to connect.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 13 October 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi hkelly,

Welcome to Rootschat

The original poster hasn't been online for a few months but will hopefully get a notification of your post.
Due to the rules on RootsChat we are not allowed to post our personal e-mail addresses due to spam etc., so probably best you remove it.
Once you have made 2 posts you can use the personal message system to try and contact Cranstone.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Regards
Sandra

Offline hkelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 15 October 18 01:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra. I can't figure out how to delete ot edit my previous post ?