Author Topic: Mary Kavanagh  (Read 11609 times)

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Kavanagh
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 June 13 22:01 BST (UK) »
HI Heywood, Just checked the records of Kavanagh's of Kilmacow, and the Mary you are looking could be Mary, Born 1873, to Thomas Kavanagh & Mary Dunphy, of Dunkitt, Kilmacow, she is not in the census of 1901 or 1911, Regards J

Offline Philip764

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 22 July 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
Mary Kavanagh was my Great Grandmother and was born in Kilmacow in 1873. (Photo Attached) She was the daughter of Thomas and Mary (Dunphy).  She married a Welshman, Thomas Lewis. They were married in Merthyr Tydfil in 1900 and she settled in Wales for the rest of her life.  She had several brothers, and an elder sister, Brigid (b.1867).  The brothers were James (b.1869).... John (b.1870) .....Nicholas (b.1875) and Patrick (b.1881).  The brothers all served in the Royal Irish Regiment at sometime or another during the Boer War and the 1st World War.  I have found the military records for James and John (known as Johnny) and would love to hear from anyone who may have more information and the 'icing on the cake' would obviously be to find photographs of them in uniform during the late 1880's / early 1900's....... I look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to assist me.  Many Thanks, Phil.

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 23 July 17 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil
Nice photograph

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk