Author Topic: Hatrick  (Read 2610 times)

Offline maryp6054

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hatrick
« on: Friday 17 May 13 07:21 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any info regarding Samuel James Hatrick b 1846 Glebe Glendermott, Co Derry, and his ancestors/descendants.   His daughter Margaret Jane Hatrick was my great grandmother

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Hatrick
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 May 13 14:41 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I found a birth for a Samuel Hatrick b.1849 and this was registered in First Derry (Presbyterian) Co. Derry. I checked for a birth in Glendermott as well, but nothing came up - how sure are you that he was born there?

On Family Search, there's a marriage for a Samuel Hatrick to a Mary Fleming 29 June 1848 - could this be his parents?

Hope this helps,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 18 May 13 14:51 BST (UK) »
I am looking for any info regarding Samuel James Hatrick b 1846 Glebe Glendermott, Co Derry, and his ancestors/descendants.   His daughter Margaret Jane Hatrick was my great grandmother

When and where was Margaret Jane Hatrick born? her birth certificate should give names of both parents and with that information it should be possible to find the marriage registeration. The marriage certificate should list more details such as the name and occupation of Samuel James Hatrick's father which might make it possible to find further details of the family in Ireland.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 May 13 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi my great grand father was Samuel George Hatrick from Glebe Glendermott.   He had a sister called Margaret I wonder if this is the same Margaret His father James Hatrick born in 1836 in the first First Derry (Presbyterian).  This James had a brother samuel also and two sisters I think.  James Father was Samuel Hatrick Buried in St Johnston in Donegal

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 May 13 00:10 BST (UK) »
Samuel Hatrick and Mary Fleming are the Monaghan side of the family.  Samuels father was also Samuel,  they spelt there name Heatrick

Offline reichs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 June 13 13:54 BST (UK) »
Will this just confuse matters !!!
From 'Headstones Old Glendermott Graveyard'
Hatrick- Ezekiel of Grierstown died 23.10.1862 aged 53 years, his wife Margaret Ellison died Castleshaaghan County Donegal 15.4.1890 aged 73 years.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 June 13 15:51 BST (UK) »
similar post by 000125 on the 6th aug 2011 here on roots chat.

Offline blue000125

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 June 13 18:01 BST (UK) »
the name beginning with E Hatrick he had a brother called Samuel Hatrick who is buried in St Johnston Grave Yard in Donegal he worked on the railway as a station master