Author Topic: Curwen E Prosser married Winifred May Pryce Dec 1923 Breconshire  (Read 3324 times)

Offline selwynfroggitt

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Curwen E Prosser married Winifred May Pryce Dec 1923 Breconshire
« on: Sunday 19 May 13 17:42 BST (UK) »
I have seen a marriage 12 Dec 1923 at Garthbrengi, Brecknock and it shows Curwen Edward Prosser age 21.
Not seen the certificate but I have Curwen Enos Edwin Prosser and he was born 1905 so would have been only 18.
Does anyone have acces to the marriage records to establish if they are the same person..Curwen Enos father was William Prosser

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Curwen E Prosser married Winifred May Pryce Dec 1923 Breconshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 May 13 17:53 BST (UK) »
Father is William on marriage cert.  ;D

His wife was 28 so perhaps he added a few years to make it look better  ;D 

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline selwynfroggitt

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 May 13 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you Rosie
I was unsure when I saw the middle name Edward.. but there are not many Prossers with the name Curwen may be they misheard him.
I have checked for Garthbrengy and it appears to be in the middle of nowhere in Powys..my Curwen and Winifred lived in Llanigon and Llangottock in Breconshire.....
To confirm would it be possible to check Winifreds father  he should be John Pryce deceased   a clogger   Thank you

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 May 13 20:25 BST (UK) »
Curwen Edward Prosser, 21, farm servant, Llandeussant, father: William Prosser, farm labourer.
Winifred May Pryce, 28, Garthbrengy, father: John Pryce, clogger (doesn't say deceased....)

Witnesses: Reginald James Pryce and Mary Helena Evans.

CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline selwynfroggitt

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 May 13 09:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you again Rosie and Diedre
I do not know the areas and sometimes Brecon or Powis.. but now I understand Garthbrengi   it is where Winifred says she lived.
Winifred was 28  so Curwen either added a few years to make it look better or he did so to appear to be of full age... but satified that it is the right couple
Cheers