Author Topic: re Camerons  (Read 20636 times)

Offline granbinnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: re Camerons
« Reply #36 on: Monday 22 July 19 04:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you I am sure it is Fintry

Offline Blumpygrumf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 29 July 19 15:59 BST (UK) »
Can anyone post a link to the 1854 voyage of the Utopia where the passenger lists have been obtained from in this topic?  I can find many voyages of that ship but cannot see this 1854 voyage anywhere.

Many thanks....

Offline granbinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 30 July 19 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi
If you go to prooffice.vic.gov.au you can get the passenger list for the utopia.
I have a list of the Camerons.Julienne

Offline granbinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 30 July 19 00:53 BST (UK) »
You can also still get it at www.scan.org.uk

Offline Blumpygrumf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 11:55 BST (UK) »
Doing a bit of research here and found this, thought it may be useful for some of you.  Numerous Camerons listed spanning many voyages.

https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/GRG56_68_3_Index%20to%20official%20Assisted%20passenger%20Lists%201847-1886_Beec-Coe_0.pdf

Offline granbinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 04 August 19 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Blumpy gruff
Just wondering if you were able to get ships list for Utopia?
Are you related to Allan Cameron and Mary Boyd??
They are my 4xgparents.
Julienne

Offline Blumpygrumf

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 28 August 19 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Julienne,

Sorry for the late response only I've just got back from a month up in Scotland, a fair bit of it spent in archives places.  I was mainly focusing on Kirk Session minutes for the village of Fintry, 1750 to 1840, I now need to collate everything learned.  I didn't actually find what I was looking for but did find a couple of very promising leads, which I'll follow up on now I'm home.

I'm not sure if it's of any interest but the name Binnie popped up a few times in those minutes.  I didn't note down the details but thought I'd pass it on to you anyway.

I've not pursued the passenger lists of the Utopia yet, but intend to do so.

I definitely have an Allan Cameron in my research here, two in fact, but I'm not sure we're referring to the same person(s).  Let me look into identifying details and I'll get back to you on the Allan Cameron detail.

Offline Carolbea

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: re Allan Cameron and Mary Boyd Ardgour and Victoria Australia
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 07 December 19 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Mary m.s Boyd and Allan Cameron came to Victoria on the " Utopia" 1854 arriving in Victoria with daughter Mary Cameron and possible son Ewen Henderson- no further info  ; daughter Sarah Cameron noted on shipping records as Susan went to work for Mr James Blair, Magistrate Portland and she possibly married Henry STONE ; daughter Catherine Cameron, domestic servant who married Donald McRae in 1855.
Catherine Cameron and Donald McRae appear to have a large family or more likely I am dealing with two different Victorian McRae families. BDM Vic and electoral records suggest 9 Children being:
Malcolm McRea died 1856 so likely their first born
David McRae born 1856
Sarah McRae born 1862
Flora McRae born 1863
Malcolm McRae born 1866
Catherine McRae born 1868
Effy McRae born 1868
Allan John Hugh McRae born 1873
Annie McRae born 1874
A headstone for Cath McRae parents Allan Cameron and Mary Boyd is at Sheep Hills, Victoria died 1906 aged 69year.
Donald McRae may be the man who is interred at lair in  Portland South  in 1908.
Electoral Roll 1903 and 1906 show a McRae family at has an address for some of the above at Wellington Road, Portland and family members at that address until 1937.
Help either confirming any of the above or linking children to another family other than Catherine Cameron daughter of Donald Boyd and Margery Cameron would assist. Happy to share info on Catherine's three siblings in Ardgour and Victoria. :-\

Offline granbinnie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 08 December 19 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol
From shipping list of the UTOPIA Allan aged 49, Mary aged 48,Susan age 25 married Henry Stone, Mary aged 23, Cath aged 23 my gggrandmother who died 1906 and buried at Sheep Hills.,and Ewen aged 9 supposedly a grandson.
Catherine m Donald McRae from Isle of Skye and is buried in Horsham, they had David, Mary Jane my ggrandmother, Euphemia, Sarah Grace,Catherine who committed suicide age 17, Allan John Hugh who never married. I think you will find there are two Donald McRaes or more it is very conflicting.
Donald and Catherine farmed most of their lives at Sailors Home out of Horsham. That is where Catherine commited suicide. Allan lived in sheep Hills and part owned a butcher shop in Warracknabeal. If want more info get back in touch. Julienne (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php