Author Topic: Help with Australian Mystery Lady Please!  (Read 10799 times)

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Australian Mystery Lady Please!
« Reply #45 on: Friday 24 May 13 08:41 BST (UK) »
According to Nat. Archives, Abe and Louis applied for naturalization but it doesn't have any papers saying whether they were approved or not.
1921 - Abe Cornberg says he is of Austrian Nationality, born at Galicia, Poland, Austria.   Resident 11yrs in Australia, residing Darlinghurst Sydney NSW at the time of his application (1921)
[urlhttp://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/15977936?searchTerm=cornberg naturalisation&searchLimits=][/url]

sashar
Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 25 May 13 15:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you all once again for your input - very very much appreciated - you are all STARS  ;D

I think the records from the hospital really has to be the next port of call - the person I am researching for is in New South Wales so a lot closer than me.  Hopefully they will purchase the records and we will see what information they hold.

I will keep you all posted if this happens.

Lots and lots of thanks once again  :-*

Cheers
Jan :-* :-*
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline Jan Ann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I Know,If I Get to the Core then Answers R There!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 20 September 13 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hello Peeps it's been a while, just thought I would update you all.

The grandson of Elvie (who I was posting on behalf of) has managed to get hold the mental health records for Elvie.

He says - "she was born in Oatlands, Tasmania, her father was William Claydon, her mother was Jane Aitchson, it appears she was then adopted by the St Clairs, her first marriage (news to us) was at age 16 to Danell Henry, she had 4 children to him (news to us), he apparently divorced her for desertion and she married my grandfather Charles Witts in 1913 aged 28. She left Charles and 3 kids some time in the 1930's after which time she was hospitalised in a number of mental hospitals."

So - it looks like the records came up trumps, I didnt know however, that Elvie's grandson had applied for them 3 years ago and has only just got a reply  :o  but perhaps it was worth waiting for  ;)

Thanks all for your help once again!
Cheers
Jan  :-*

TIVEY, WILDE,
Alker, Barmore, Birchall, Bird, Bryan, Chant, Clare,  Crump, Dow, Edwards, Fairbrother, Faulkner, Frearson, Frogson, Glew, Halliday, Heathcote, Hesford, Holliday, Jones, Knight, Massey, Mather, McKenna, Mee, Melling, Neal, O'Brien, Ottewell, Pimblett, Pinks, Price, Quinn, Rampling, Richards, Richardson, Rowley, Royle, Shakespeare, Shaw, Sheldon, Tandy, Thompson, Wade, Walker,  & more!

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 20 September 13 11:41 BST (UK) »
I am sure Jan won't mind me mentioning the following -

I found some info including Elvie's birth, siblings, 1st marriage and chn etc etc however Elvie's grandson wants to do the research himself and is aware if he 'gets stuck' we are here to help him.

Cheers
Cando

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 20 September 13 12:22 BST (UK) »
From Trove, could this be Elvy's mothers death?

The Mercury (Hobart, Tas.

CLAYDON. - At Oatlands, on Wednesday,

June 3, 1896, at the residence of her brother, Jane, the beloved wife of William Claydon, Tunbridge aged 39 years. Funeral will take place on Friday, 5th inst., at 2 p.m.

Regards
Jennaya

Offline Jennaya

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 20 September 13 12:23 BST (UK) »
oops, sorry, just re-read Cando's post above....

Offline lisaree

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 26 April 19 08:11 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am the great-grand daughter of this mystery lady - Elvie (Nellie, Eleanor) Claydon/Henry/St Clair/Witts. I am needing some assistance with locating any descendants of Elvie's first marriage as I've come to a road block. Her children from her first marriage to Daniel Henry are:
August William HENRY Born 1902
Dorothy Frances HENRY Born 1904
James Arthur HENRY Born 1906 Died WW2 1943
Charles Raymond Henry Born 1908 Died 1975

Any assistance and advice on where to look next would be most gratefully received.
Thanking you in advance.