Author Topic: Edgar, Ross  (Read 3405 times)

Offline gregih

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar, Ross
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 07:14 BST (UK) »
I found someone who new Fred

He remembers Fred very well! Apparently Fred lived in a place called Anzac house next to a home/hospice that was opened and run by......... Minnie Rose! They formed a de facto relationship.
He remembers listening to some of Freds war stories particularly one were he had to shoot his own horse as they could not bring them back from Egypt. He was a cousin of Ross Edgar (now deceased, drowned) but Ross had one son.. who lives in Darwin.
His wife (Marion) died a while ago but he would like to catch up and see the medal as well as Freds service records. He also said that Minnies daughter died at childbirth and that Minnie raised the child (Ross!).
I just have to try and get in touch with a possible son of Ross as he is doing some family research so I am sure he will be interested.
thanks for now I will keep updated!

cheers
Greg

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 07:26 BST (UK) »
Oh Greg that is wonderful news!  Fantastic result  :)

I'm just a bit concerned that you have mentioned living people though - we are not supposed to mention them here.  Perhaps you could just modify your post (hit modify and then backspace over the name leaving just the initial).

Great result  :)

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 07:39 BST (UK) »
What a great result, chalk one up for the team at Rootschat ;D

Great your now in contact with family Greg, now you may be able to expand on the history with your relies. ;)

Neil :D
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline gregih

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 08:19 BST (UK) »
Cant thank you guys enough!! Its been a very long time looking for anyone who is tied to Fred.
will keep you informed about meeting with "CD". ;D ;D

Offline Rosierosie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 05 March 21 04:31 GMT (UK) »
The story of Mullewa matron
Geraldton Guardian16 Jun 2020Peter Sweeney

Minnie Rose with children Charles, Mena, Rheta, Ernest and Margaret.
Mignon Lewis only wanted to be a nurse. William Rose only wanted her to be his wife.
It sounds as though it ended as it started but the early settlers of Mullewa and the Mid West were lucky he got ...     Here is an article on my great grandma Minnie https://images.app.goo.gl/LkZLGqYZMPiTRXkXA photo of William my my grandfather ...