Author Topic: Obituary request -Charles David Clark d. August 20, 1967 Aldershot  (Read 2056 times)

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Obituary request -Charles David Clark d. August 20, 1967 Aldershot
« on: Friday 31 May 13 20:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if anyone would be so kind as to locate an obituary notice for Charles David Clark (seems to have preferred his middle name David) Clark who died August 20, 1967 in Aldershot.  He apparently was a footballer of some note in his younger days so there may be reference to that sport.  He also was a member of Hampshire Yeomanry regiment 1285 and was a Military Policeman P-4780 at some point.  His father was Robert Clark.

I live in the US so am not able to obtain this death record myself.  I would be very pleased if someone could assist me.

Best wishes, Anne

Offline Ann E

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Obituary request -Charles David Clark d. August 20, 1967 Aldershot
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 June 13 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,
I cant help as I don't live near the Library, but you could contact the
Aldershot Library and ask them to do a look up, as a one off they probably will help,
Email:  aldershot.library [a] hants.gov.uk   109 High Street, Aldershot, Hampshire GU11 1DQ, tel 0845 6035631 "

Ann
Lacey, IOW, Lacey, Shearstone  SOM, Higgins, Tagg, Sammons, Jackson, Reeves Cowley, Wale OXFORD. Robert Collinson

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 June 13 18:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Ann.  I will contact the library in the near future so ask for assistance.  Best wishes, Anne

Offline Polo1234

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 October 13 21:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne ,
I have only joined this site tonight so am not sure exactly how it all works at the  moment .I believe am a member of your husbands family .My name is Bradley John Searle .My father is  living ,son of Ernest Searle and Emily Clark .His uncle was Charles David Clark .It would be great to hear what information you have of the family .
Best Wishes
Brad

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 October 13 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Brad,

I replied to your nice posting via a personal message last night.   Sent another personal message again this am.   Not sure if you received either note as it appears that your inbox is full. 

My husband is definitely your cousin.  Jim is the grandson of Arthur Robert Clark, an older brother of both Charles David Clark and Emily Clark.  Arthur, who went by his middle name Robert, emigrated to Kingston, Ontario, Canada in the early 1900's.  He married the daughter of a Great Lakes sea captain.  They raised a family of 3 sons and 1 daughter, all of whom were very successful in their careers.

I do have information which we can share with you but it would be best to correspond via email.  Please contact me at *

Thanks and hope to hear from you in the near future.

Best wishes, Anne and Jim Clark (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: living person and e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 October 13 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne ,

Brad will not be able to receive PM's , 2 or 3 posts are required

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ncmtgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 October 13 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Ev.  Did not realize that several postings were required before PM can be sent.  Will wait to hear from him.  Best wishes, Anne

Offline Carol Emily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 May 19 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Anne
While researching my maternal family line, I came across your request seeking information on the Clark family from Lochfoot, Scotland and latterly Aldershot, Hampshire.
I am the Great, great Granddaughter of David Clark, married to Isabella Kerr in 1835.
I have information on my Grandmother, Emily Searle nee Clark, who married Ernest Searle, that may be of interest to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will be delighted to help with your endeavours and hopefully learn from you too!
My very best wishes
Carol Emily Thomas
Surrey, England

Offline Carol Emily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 07:57 BST (UK) »
Looking at the posts from Anne in North Carolina and Brad Searle regarding the Clark/Searle family, I now realise that these latest posts go back to 2013 so I'm wondering whether Anne or Brad are still researching the family. If anyone is able to help me make contact with either Anne or Brad I would be very grateful.
Many thanks in advance, Carol Emily Thomas