Author Topic: Trying To Find The Name And Family Of My Relative  (Read 693 times)

Offline zoenel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying To Find The Name And Family Of My Relative
« on: Saturday 01 June 13 10:30 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone I hope everyone is well? I have a real dilema I found a family member at the local library who I dont recognize and need some help to find who it is it was it was on the passenger lists for Albany to Sidney Australia,9th March 1883.Name E , Hairyes, General Servent.The ship is called the Siam.Can anyone find out a Birth or a name or a family for this person please ? my family has a rare name that  i belive it must be one of  my family but its not known to me ?.Any Help would be gratefully recived apoligies for the lack of evidence,kind Regards Nicholas

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying To Find The Name And Family Of My Relative
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 June 13 11:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicholas
No luck tracking down E Hairyes but they are traveling with an F Hairyes general servant just below.
That has been transcribed as Haynes,it does look the same name to me,so could it be Haynes rather than Hairyes?
Ciderdrinker

Offline zoenel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Trying To Find The Name And Family Of My Relative
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 June 13 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Nicholas
No luck tracking down E Hairyes but they are traveling with an F Hairyes general servant just below.
That has been transcribed as Haynes,it does look the same name to me,so could it be Haynes rather than Hairyes?
Ciderdrinker

thankyou for your help, and and your intelligent respone ,your right it must be the same name as below.haynes.Have a great weekend,kind regards Nicholas