Author Topic: Look Up please for 1891 Rosetta and Annie Allan  (Read 1682 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up please for 1891 Rosetta and Annie Allan
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 July 19 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Malcolm,

No 'treat' for me today ;)

I checked for your page boy photo today - unfortunately as it turns out this newspaper is on microfilm and the 10 August 1939 is missing from the reel.

Oh well, at least you have an original copy.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up please for 1891 Rosetta and Annie Allan
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 July 19 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Malcolm,

No 'treat' for me today ;)

I checked for your page boy photo today - unfortunately as it turns out this newspaper is on microfilm and the 10 August 1939 is missing from the reel.

Oh well, at least you have an original copy.

Hi Keeler Lass,

Well there's a shame.    I think then I must have got the PDF copy of that page from British Newspaper Archives.    Quite a pity because there were other things on that page that I found interesting like the Pearl Divers of T.I. which is an Island I loved as did Somerset Maugham.  It is just off our North Cape of Queensland and the most northern Aussie town that has all amenities.   Then there was an ad for Silver Shred which had a TV monitor in it - and that was 4 weeks before War Broke out.     I did ask the Evening Chronicle if they had an original of the photo and they replied that they were all down south, but would let me know if they could find it - never heard back.     At least as you say I have the original of the group in what looks like a garden.

TTFN Malcolm
Hutton: Eccleshill,Queensbury
Grant: Babworth,Chinley
Draffan: Lesmahagow,Douglas,Coylton, Consett
Oliver: Tanfield, Sunderland, Consett
Proudlock: Northumberland
Turnbull:Northumberland, Durham
Robson:Sunderland, Northumberland
Dent: Dufton, Arkengarthdale, Hunstanworth
Currie: Coylton
Morris and Hurst: East Retford, Blyth, Worksop
Elliot: Castleton, Hunstanworth, Consett