Author Topic: surrey graveyards  (Read 2580 times)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
surrey graveyards
« on: Sunday 09 June 13 22:06 BST (UK) »
my great grandmother ROSE GUDGE died on the 5 march 1931 age 28 due to childbirth complications she was just 28 years old bless her .the record says she died in guildford surrey .but she lived in epsom surrey and grew up in walton upon thames surrey .my grandmother barbara is her daughter and is sadly no longer here but my grandmothers sister jose is still alive living in australia they grew up without a mum and there mum was never spoken off much after her death and they still dont know were rose is burried ???i was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on trying to locate weres shes burried so i can visit her grave something my gran and aunty were never able to do .im not sure were to start as i dont know surry .any help would be much appreciated thankyou mish
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: surrey graveyards
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 June 13 22:23 BST (UK) »
If her last address was Epsom, you will probably find that she is buried near there. Bear in mind though that she may have been cremated so there may not be a grave.

Do you have her death certificate, does that give her usual address?

Might be worth contacting these people - they say they dont charge for a look up if it is just one person.

http://www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/EEBC/Community+and+Living/Life+events/Deaths/Epsom+cemetery.htm
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 June 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
Might be worth looking for an obituary/report of the funeral in the local paper(s).
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 June 13 22:05 BST (UK) »
ok thanks guys i will try track it down
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 07:23 BST (UK) »
Where in Guildford did she die?

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 23:39 BST (UK) »
hi rosie she died in guildford at the hospital i think

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 23:46 BST (UK) »

So the chances are she would have been buried near to her normal address.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 07:52 BST (UK) »

So the chances are she would have been buried near to her normal address.

I would agree with Groom  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 June 13 10:15 BST (UK) »
Her adress was 54 northfield road cobham surrey .just looked at death certificate ,and she died at the royal surrey county hospital .does anyone know the local graveyards in cobham that were being used in 1930 .? x