Author Topic: Esther Griffiths LLanfihangel Nant Bran born about 1801  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Rootschat and the Library of Wales..... Superb!
    • View Profile
Esther Griffiths LLanfihangel Nant Bran born about 1801
« on: Monday 10 June 13 07:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Does anyone know of Esther Griffiths parents, according to an LDS record, she was christened 28 May 1801 in Llanfihangel Nant Bran...

Thanks!

Llanfi
Pugh, Powell, Williams, Maddox, Prosser

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Griffiths LLanfihangel Nant Bran born about 1801
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 June 13 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

If any parents had been shown on the record - they would have been included in the transcription
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Llanfihangel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Rootschat and the Library of Wales..... Superb!
    • View Profile
Re: Esther Griffiths LLanfihangel Nant Bran born about 1801
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 June 13 01:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks CaroleW,

I have the bishop's transcript of an Esther Griffiths baptism In Llanfihangel Nant Bran and there is no record of her parents. I can't find a Church registry record there on FindMyPast, and I have also searched Merthyr Cynog and Llandeilo'r Fan.

There is a record of an Esther Griffiths and Thomas Powell baptising "a base child" Elizabeth Powell at Llandeilo'r Fan on November 9 1836. Thomas Powell was living at Coedca-du Llanfihangel Nant Bran. Elizabeth Powell was my great-grandmother.

Elizabeth Powell (age 5) was living with Evan and Gwen Pugh at GlanRhyd Llandeilo'r Fan in the 1841 Census, and was a servant (age 15) at William Price's farm Maesybeddau in Llanfihangel Nant Bran.

~~~~~~~~-------------------
Esther's daughter?

The 1841 Census shows was another Esther Griffith (age 20) living as a servant at Penybryn, Rees Price's Farm in Trallong. He was a widower in 1841 and married Esther on July 13 1841. The marriage record shows her as Esther Griffiths age 22.

The 1851 Census shows that she had four children Esther 9, Sarah 8, Rees 5, and Alice 4. This record shows her birthplace as Llywell.

The final record shows that Esther was buried at Trallong on 30 April 1857, after Rees had baptised another son David at Trallong on December 16 1856, David was buried, age 7 months, at Trallong on 30 April 1857.

Rees Price, still at Penybryn, was buried January 14, 1870.
~~~~~~~~--------------------------

There are further FindMyPast Church register records of (1) Esther Griffiths spinster baptising a "base child" David in Llanfihangel Nant Bran on October 28 1822. She is shown as living at Blaen-Pegnant, (2) Esther Griffiths spinster baptising a "illegitimate child" Thomas in Devynnock on December 3 1837, (3) the burial of an illegitimate child John Griffiths age 6 months at Llanhamllach and the burial of Esther Griffiths age 36 Llanfihangel Talyllyn on October 10 1839.

I am still searching for Esther Griffith(s) parents in Llanfihangel Nant Bran or Llywell. She seems to have had her first illegitimate child at the age of 20 in Llanfihangel Nant Bran in 1822.

Thanks for your attention

Llanfi  :) :) :) :) :)
Pugh, Powell, Williams, Maddox, Prosser