Author Topic: Davies Liverpool/Seacombe  (Read 8513 times)

Offline SusannaL

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davies Liverpool/Seacombe
« Reply #27 on: Friday 19 February 21 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am just joining this chat, as I am also researching Joseph Davies and his very large family! I am grateful for the information posted by researchers and also information from family members.
Joseph and Mary Anne's eldest daughter Catherine (Kate) was my grandmother. She is crossed out of the 1911 census at Gladstone St, as she had married the previous year and was living in Canterbury St Liverpool with her husband Harold Smith. They had 4 children: Harold, Robert (my father), Marian, John (Jack). Harold emigrated to Australia c 1927; Jack went to Wellington, New Zealand - I think to visit Robert Edward, one of Joe & Mary Ann's younger sons (I'm not sure when he emigrated), but in later years moved between Australia and Liverpool.
I'm not sure when Robbie emigrated, but he had 6 children, I believe. It is fascinating to learn about some of the other siblings - thank you for sharing.
I would be grateful if anyone could give me exact details of Mary Ann's death - I cannot track down any details. I am assuming that this would be 1914 or 1915, as Joe married Louisa Tricker in St Peter's Parish Church Liverpool on 18 July 1915. Louisa was actually younger than my grandmother.
Joseph himself was born on 6 August 1868, and baptised at St Peter's on 17 Aug 1868. He was later received into the Catholic Church (baptised at St Josephs on 2 Jan 1888) presumably to marry Mary Ann Carey on 25 Jun 1888). If relatives want to message me privately, it would be very good to share any family memories that may have been handed down. Susanna