Author Topic: Lost Andersons of Moray  (Read 11960 times)

Offline ValmaiOwens

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Andersons of Moray
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 23 June 19 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I'm wondering if we're connected also. I'm a descendant of Andersons of Auldearn also. My gt gt gt grandparents were Margaret McIntosh and Alexander Anderson and I am descended from their son John, who married Mary Rose and had 6 children. Their two sons were Alexander born circa 1861 and John born 1863 and they both left Scotland in 1883* and emigrated to Australia. My great grandfather was Alexander who went on to Norfolk Island and had many children. One son, Alexander Anderson (my grandfather) moved with some of his family to NZ. I'll go into ancestry and do more research. PS, I have visited their graves in Auldearn where I was able to fill in many gaps for information from the early 1800's

Hi there,

I'm not sure if we would be connected because it was my great grandmother Christina Paul who was born in Auldearn. The Paul family at one time was well known in the area. My great grandfather, Christina's husband, did live in Audlearn for a while and died there in 1937. He too is buried in Auldearn cemetery but has no grave marker. I will look into though and visit the graves next year when I am back in Scotland. If you find anything more could you let me know and I will do the same.

Cheers
Valmai

Offline Lonscot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Andersons of Moray
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 September 19 07:53 BST (UK) »
Is there an Edward Anderson in your research; probably in his 20s or early 30s around 1930/35?