Author Topic: Robert Anderson b1876 Selkirk - moved to Honolulu - 'Honolulu Bob'  (Read 12940 times)

Offline Margaret Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Anderson b1876 Selkirk - moved to Honolulu - 'Honolulu Bob'
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 04:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am so pleased to find this fascinating correspondence regarding my great grandfather Robert Anderson (Honolulu Bob). I am Margaret Anderson (my great grandmother's married name!) and (*) Anderson is my younger brother. Great Uncle Robert Catton Anderson has remained a family mystery, and I never met him although I too am the middle sibling and often give that a particular status. 

I am coming to Selkirk for the Common Riding this summer with my 17 year-old daughter, (*). I'm hoping to be joined by my older brother (*)Anderson, and I spoke with my younger brother and talked about the possibility of him joining us for this awesome opportunity to see Selkirk together.  This will be my second time to Selkirk. My last visit was over twenty years ago with my cousin Charlotte, and we stayed with my cousin Rosalie. I had a fantastic time and can't wait to be there once again with my daughter and nieces and nephews.

I am registered on Ancestry.com and recently joined Family Tree/GedMatch to explore my Anderson roots. It is so nice to put some of the pieces of the family puzzle together.

Well, I didn't mean to write so much, but I wanted to let you all know how exciting it is to have read your postings!

Much thanks,

Margaret

P.S

Giselle, are we cousins?

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.  New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 28 February 15 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello Margaret,

Great to hear from you and sorry that I haven't been in a position to reply earlier but work has been in the way.

Admin duties first!  I think you will need to post another couple of times if you want to communicate direct with me or anyone else (Giselle70?) through the Private Message (PM) system.  Just be aware that you shouldn't post information on living people, as this could compromise them.  (I did exactly the same earlier on this thread!).

Giselle70 has been in touch with me by PM and I would hope that she would also like to communicate with you when she get the email alert.

Anyway, so nice to hear that you'll be in Selkirk again after 20 years.  I know that RMA was there a while ago and we are in email contact whilst he is in his most recent home.  I just missed out on joining him for a cocktail in SF when visiting there last April!!  Work always gets in the way  :-\

So, if you would like to post a couple of messages, they don't need to say very much if you don't want them to, then we can then chat privately if you would prefer.

It's my husband's line and our link is through George Anderson 1816 Selkirk and his children.  We are also on Ancestry if you would like to find us.

Kit

Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline Margaret Anderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 12 March 15 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Kit,

Sorry to have let so much time lapse. Plans have changed and I will not be able to come to Scotland for the Common Riding. So disappointing, but I am making plans for coming the following summer. I would like to communicate more so I will try to send a few short notes.

Thank you so much Kit for your lovely message and I look forward to making more connections soon.

Best,

Margaret

Offline KitCarson

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 March 15 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Margaret, I too must apologise for not responding sooner.  Far too many other life events getting in the way.  What a pity that you won't be in Selkirk this summer although I'm sure it won't be too long before we meet.

Feel free to get in touch via PM when you can and we can learn about our family connections.

Kit
Rimmer/Appleton/Ashcroft: St Helens, Lancs // Cul(le)y:St Helens & Little Bolton // Stott: Huyton Quarry & Sutton, Lancs
Carson:Belfast? & St Helens // Kelly:Mullingar, West Meath? & St Helens // Ronan: Ferns, Wexford & St Helens // Daley:Oranmore & Athenry, Co Galway //
Cunningham: Heworth, Gateshead & Widnes & St Helens, originating Ireland
Edgar: Bellie, Moray // Anderson: Selkirk // Rutherford: Hobkirk, Roxburghshire //
Stewart: Angus // Watson: Moray & Jamaica // Watt: Cairnie

Offline AliMack57

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 06 December 18 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Dear catmel,

My wife and I have been searching her mums family in the Scottish Borders and see from your old posts relating to Honolulu Bob, you are related to his wife,Margaret Dickson. My wife's granny was Janet Dickson (Boog) and her mum was Ellen(Helen) Dickson, who we believe  was Margaret & Walter's sister.Thier parents were John and Margaret Dickson.
Are you able to confirm this and or provide info on the Dickson side please?
Also my wife has old pictures of Margaret Anderson, Honolulu Bob and their 3 children.
Thank you

Offline andersonj1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 17 December 20 05:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello! Margaret Anderson was my great grandmother and I would very much love to see any photos of her, my great grandfather, Honolulu Bob and their three children - one of which is my grandfather, Kenneth Anderson. Would you be able to share the photos that your wife has of them? My father and aunt would very much like to see them!

Many thanks,
Jessica Anderson