Author Topic: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families  (Read 21922 times)

Offline Garstonian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Garston (under the bridge) ** Hart ** Harrison Doolan and Mcnamara families
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 30 October 16 17:51 GMT (UK) »
does anyone know of emma salisbury- fish woman- tom hitchmough-newspaper seller-frank durkin-coal man-harry davies-bookies runner-john tobin-local character-willy o brien-local character. all garstonians- happy days

Offline Garston Lad

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 08 November 17 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Folks.
I have read a couple of posts from Steve193 dated 2014. To clarify here, Samuel Reuben McNamara was the husband of Rose Talbot, they divorced and he then married Marie Durham. Their children were unaware for many years that they had a half-sister, Eileen. He was the son of Emily Harrison McNamara, who married Thomas Edward McNamara. He died in the early 1970s when he was run over by a bus just after leaving the Alexandria pub in Garston - not drunk, as he never had more than a couple of pints at that time. I used to have a drink with him, my dad and my uncle Tommy McNamara (Jr) in the Alex. My mother was the sister of Sammy. I would love to get a copy of any certificates involving Sammy, as I am by default the family historian.
On another post, mention is made of Emily Harrison Millea. My grandmother, Emily Harrison McNamara, was her aunt.

Offline quintasenshal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 01 September 18 18:12 BST (UK) »
If anyone is in contact (off here) with Steve193, could you tell him please that I have sent him a message.  He was last active in 2016. Thanks.
Bowling, Cunningham, McNamara, Neve

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 02 September 18 07:23 BST (UK) »
Garston Woodcutters site has a Facebook page with a Genealogy group ...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Woodcutters-Social-Club/155213144502677
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline quintasenshal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 02 September 18 16:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Garstonite  :)  He hasn't been active on here though since 2016..
Bowling, Cunningham, McNamara, Neve

Offline HarrisonHart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Saturday 06 October 18 22:18 BST (UK) »
if it is the same Emily Harrison she was married to Michael Millea. They once lived in Speke Road Gardens. Hope this is helpful

Yes emily was my aunty and micky millea was her husband and also my dads best friend as kids.

My grannie who was annie harrison and her son freddie harrison lived in the tennies after grannie left king street.

Someone mentioned the bear of woolton was a boxer and lived in thomas street.  This is very interesting.  I was told he may be related to some of my family and would visit my great grandmother i think it was, hannah miller known locally as granny miller as she got older. I think she lived in vulcan st.  Edited to say i just found my original post about the bear of woolton and it was my dads mum annie harrison nee hart who he used to visit when she lived on king st.  My grannie was born in garston in 1897 but grew up moving between garston and woolton.
Angela, Perth, West Australia.

Harrison: Garston (L'pool), Dublin, Athlone, (Irl), Madras/Chennai and Burma (British India/India) and Sth Africa, and Australia.
Hart: Garston and Woolton (UK), Roscommon (Irl).
McC(h)rystal: Garston, Wigan, Desertmartin (Nrthn Irl), Canada, USA, Australia
Miller: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Jones: Garston and ?Ireland/?Wales
Boyle: (Derry, Irl)
Gill: Garston L'pool UK, and Ireland.
Cannon: Woolton and Roscommon
Callaghan: Unknown.
And more.