Author Topic: Attaching photos to posts  (Read 2503 times)

Offline quest40

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Attaching photos to posts
« on: Monday 17 June 13 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have tried several times recently to attach photos to posts, but each time I get a message saying there is already a file with the same name.  I don't know how to change a file name, so give up in frustration!  I expect it's my lack of skills, so would be glad of assistance!
Ann
Conquest, Crowsley, Giovannelli, Kingham, Marshall, Sewell, Wilson, Ashwell

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Attaching photos to posts
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 June 13 13:23 BST (UK) »
Right click on the photo and you should see rename in the list of options. I normally add xxxx to the name just in case  there is one the same name, but you can change it to anything.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 June 13 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann...If you locate the photo on your computer and right click on the file name...it will give you the option to rename the file then add a letter or number to the file name and up load again.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline quest40

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 17 June 13 17:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your replies Stan and Carol.  I'm sure if I was using a lap or desk top computer your help would solve my problem, but I'm using an iPad, and cannot work out how to do the equivalent of a right click!  I've looked at the user guide to no avail!  Never mind, I'll probably have to admit defeat!
Ann

Offline quest40

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 June 13 00:16 BST (UK) »
I found a thread on the Technical Help board about iPads so I posted a question on there about my photo problem, and have received some extremely useful advice, so I'm happily sorted! And may soon find I can attach photos, after some practice!