Author Topic: Ford & Yew Tree Cemetery Records  (Read 201204 times)

Offline ozranga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ford & Yew Tree Cemetery Records
« Reply #684 on: Saturday 29 December 18 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi David.
Charles & Agnes are both in public graves so it is unlikely that they would be buried there with family members.
Charles was interred in pubic grave BZ 3135 on 17/5/1901 aged 42. He died at 23 Epsom Street.
Agnes was interred in public grave X38 aged 43 on 18/3/1903 She died at Liverpool workhouse L3.
Smith, Corrigan, Hart. Walker, Mellett, Bridge, Brew , Nelson (Liverpool)
Smith, Parfrey, Corrigan, Conway, White (Cork. Ire)

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: Saturday 29 December 18 11:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ozranga,
Could you please do a look up to see who owns a Ford grave with a burial that seems to have been recorded in two different Ancestry databases for the same name, age, burial date and grave number?

Grave PO 563, Ann DENNY aged 73, buried 25 Sep 1954, aged 73,
residence 15 Lancaster Street, Liverpool 5 [Ford Cemetery  1947-1963], also
19 Beaufort Square [Ford Cemetery  1943-1959].

Thank you.
John
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.

Offline HarbourDog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: Saturday 29 December 18 14:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi David.
Charles & Agnes are both in public graves so it is unlikely that they would be buried there with family members.
Charles was interred in pubic grave BZ 3135 on 17/5/1901 aged 42. He died at 23 Epsom Street.
Agnes was interred in public grave X38 aged 43 on 18/3/1903 She died at Liverpool workhouse L3.

Thank you so much! Where did you find the information about her being in a workhouse?! This is the first we've heard of this!! Please send me a link to your source, that's fascinating...thank you for digging that up. My Gran was quite small when her parents died, and remembered them vaguely...she ended up in the Billing Orphanage until she was a teenager...and she never had a good thing to say about the nuns.
GREEN, FITZGERALD, & BUCKINGHHAM-London
ALLEN- Worcester & Yeovil
GRAHAM & REGAN-Liverpool & County Mayo
FAGAN-Northumberland

Offline ozranga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: Saturday 29 December 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
The Liverpool workhouse was given as her place of death on the cemetery fiche.She could have just been in the hospital there and not an inmate, -  but that's your next task!
Where was she in the 1901 census might be a clue.
good luck
Marienne

Offline ozranga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: Saturday 29 December 18 22:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi John
Ford PO 563 deed holder is Mary Jane Morgan. "stone & vase1036" (she was interred in 1964)
The names interred in this grave are Denny, Morgan, Molone & Fleming.
Can't help with the Beaufort St entry, but who knows with the website it came from!
Other Dennys listed on the index are Ann, Annie, Arthur & Bernard, but I haven't looked at these.
Marienne

Offline jwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: Sunday 30 December 18 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Marienne.
I appreciate your help.
Both of those records on Ancestry are actual photographic copies of two different handwritten burial logs (with the same name, age, burial date and grave number), so look legitimate to me.
Maybe someone re-transcribed them at some point. Who know.
Cheers,
John
Wynn & Wynne, in the Rhosllanerchrugog, Ponciau, Aberderfyn, Brymbo, Moss, Pentre Broughton, Bersham, Coed Poeth, Talwrn, Adwyrclawdd areas between Wrexham and Ruabon.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: Monday 31 December 18 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi David.

Thank you so much! Where did you find the information about her being in a workhouse?! This is the first we've heard of this!! Please send me a link to your source, that's fascinating...thank you for digging that up. My Gran was quite small when her parents died, and remembered them vaguely...she ended up in the Billing Orphanage until she was a teenager...and she never had a good thing to say about the nuns.

Are you familiar with using record images on Family Search? It's free to register and use. You must be signed in to view the free online records. I can't find an entry for Agnes see if you have any better luck:-

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/507318?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Blue

Offline abyrne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ozranga - would you be able to help me with one grave at Ford connected to my family. Plot C232 where i know Elizabeth Conboy is buried.  I would love to know the full list of who is buried there and Also  in the Deed Holder for it, if that is possible.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  Kind regards.   Anne

Offline IanChris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,
I am hoping you will be able to help me in the search for Grandfathers resting place,
I believe he was buried in Yew Tree Cemetery, West Derby, Liverpool,his funeral service being held
at St Dominics RC church.
His full name was Benjamin Gerard Searson, his year of birth was 1922 and year of death was 28th May  1975,
My Mother passed away recently and she was estranged from the rest of her family so these are the
only real details i can offer i am afraid.
I have exhausted all available avenues on Google etc etc.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
The people in here have pointed me to this thread and been really helpful.
Many Thanks

Ian Christopherson