Author Topic: Reverend George W Bradley  (Read 2329 times)

Offline gramal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Reverend George W Bradley
« on: Monday 24 June 13 08:46 BST (UK) »
I'm helping a friend with their family history and I'm currently trying to find the obituary for George W Bradley, born in April 1903 we believe in Durham.  He was in Africa and Australia during the period early 1920's until his return to the UK in 1956.  His parishes in the UK included Charlton,  Hilcott & Wilsford in the Vale of Pewsey, Wiltshire.  He died in Pewsey Vale on the 20 March 1956 and a friend has found mention of an obituary in Australia but so far we have been unable to see sight of this. 

George was responsible for introducing the Anzac Commemoration Services in the UK & had in his possession a document from the Queen granting him permission to do so. He was very proud to have 3 documents signed by Elizabeth R - (1) Granting him permission for Anzac Services  (2) His son's commission into the army (3) Allowing him to become C of E Vicar on his return from Australia.  His wife's name was Beatrice Vida born in Australia, his son Paul was also born in Australia and was a Colonel with an MBE.

Sorry to overload but thought the more info I give the better.   Would be grateful for any help with finding an obituary for him.

Many thanks
Marilyn

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Reverend George W Bradley
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 June 13 13:26 BST (UK) »
You have posted on the Completed requests board so I will ask the moderator to move it for you

EDIT - you have repeated the request on the Lookups board so I will ask the moderator to move this to the Australian board in case somebody is able to find the Australian obit you mention
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)