Author Topic: Brinkley  (Read 8913 times)

Offline rosie.posie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brinkley
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 June 13 02:00 BST (UK) »
but can anyone see a birth for valentine ? perhaps my james dad had a nick nane valentint just like some gypsies.. im so lost :(

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 June 13 02:02 BST (UK) »
1861 Census England Norfolk South Lynn
RG9/1257/149/16
5 Guanock?? Road

BRINKLEY
Valentine HeadMarr 38 Cane Chair Maker Herefordshire
Mary A Wife Marr 38 Umbrella Maker Suffolk Newmarket
Anes Dau Unmarr 19 Umbrella Maker Cambridgeshire Cambridge
Sydney Son Unmarr 18 Cane Chair Maker Cambridgeshire Cambridge
Marrelly Dau Unmarr 13 Scholar Norfolk Middleton
Urana Dau Unmarr 11 Scholar Cambridgeshire Cambridge
Valentine Son Unmarr 8 Scholar Norfolk Grimstone
Mary A Dau Unmarr 7 Scholar Norfolk Creal?
Harriett Dau Unmarr 4 Scholar Norfolk Tring
Plato Son Unmarr 2 Scholar Norfolk Starling
Bonner Son Unmarr 3wks Norfolk Lynn

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 30 June 13 21:22 BST (UK) »
i have james Brinkley born 1878 barnet . on his marriage cert it says his dad is james , but i actually think his farther is valentine brinkley and his mu was rhoda as my my James came from a gipsy family .i have soo hit a brick wall .. can anyone helphelpas every link i have the james brinkley with rhoda and valentine died 1907 , but i need some proof
I dont think this James is Rhodas son..as far as I know he did die. I am descended from Rhodas daughter Conceletta from her marriage to Theophilus Scarrott. Councey married Walter Brinkley, nephew to Valentine who got together with Rhoda some time in the 1870s. Someone else on here is also researching that James Brinkley - her name is Deb, maybe you can do a search for James Brinkley and find her posts?

Offline rosie.posie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 00:25 BST (UK) »
Hi smiley , thats the James i need proof of that was Rhoda's son cos that James that died in 1907 died in a union and had no relatives as i called the relevant ppl  and no family WAS WITH HIM WHEN HE DIED i think if Rhoda's son was dying surely she or his brother would be there .. i just need proof that Rhodas son James aint mine .. My dad always said we was related to smiths but only by marriage . whatever that means :o)

Offline rosie.posie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 00:27 BST (UK) »
ps the Debs on here is my cousin she is trying to find the same info as me lol . She is a kingham but should be a brinkley :o)

Offline janeo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 July 13 02:13 BST (UK) »
my dads aunt Peggy  Smith married Arthur Brinkley ,she would have been born between 1883 and 1900ish sorry i don't know much more ,there was a grandaughter called Bethorny also an Annjane Brinkley.They travelled the east midlands ,Northants ,Warwickshire and area .
Smith, Wilson ,Elliot ,Ratchford Burnside ,

Offline charlieo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello i have another valentine brinkley born 1874 ely cambridgeshire on his birth cert it says father valentine and mother caroline brinkley (whose married name was brunt and maiden name was ball) but in the 1891 census it has his father as james not valentine and even more confusing is in the 1911 census his name has changed to valentine brunt and caroline has gone back to brunt as well ,i know this is correct as caroline is my great great grandmother my great great grandfather thomas perkins brunt died in 1870 but i cant find marriage for caroline and james/valentine
lee family/emmett family/small family kent-susex

Offline king otg

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 14:59 GMT (UK) »
I am pretty sure it is Critty (not Gritty) Smith because he was my great great grandfather and I heard his name spoken by his grand-daughter, Lilah GUMBLE.

This is the marriage referred to earlier in the thread:

MDX[15] Gt Stanmore St John m3/2/1862 Theophilus (full) brazier (fa: John – brazier) = Rhoda SMITH (full) (fa: William – brazier)

Rhoda was indeed born SMITH, became wife of Theophilus SCARROTT, then of Valentine BRINKLEY, then of Christopher SMITH, although I am not sure if there was a marriage ceremony for all.

TL