Author Topic: Marriage Look Up for 1914 if possible please.  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up for 1914 if possible please.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Apologies in advance for bumping this thread back up again but this topic has been bugging me for sometime and I have at long last taken the opportunity to order a duplicate marriage certificate.

The certificate arrived this morning and it tells me they married on the 17th January 1914 at Newport Register Office. John was aged 22 and Frances aged 20, living in neighbouring houses at what looks like Waunfawr Terrace, Cross Keys, Risca. Unfortunately and usually both fathers names are missing, they are listed as a single black line Banbury (deceased) and single black line Lloyd (deceased).

Just wondering if there is anyone who could kindly carry out a Look Up for me please. I would like more information on Frances if possible and her family.

Many thanks in advance for all replies and offers of help.

Steve  ;)
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Who were the witnesses  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
So your John William is the son of Richard and Catherine as per the 1891 census.

Richard Banbury 77 head harness maker Beeby Leicester
Catherine Banbury 31 wife London City
Hetty Banbury 9 dau Leicester
Kitty Banbury 8 dau Leicester
John William Banbury    3 months son Leicester

Offline glenclare

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:23 GMT (UK) »
If that is the right family, an online tree has it noted that it is Richards second family.
Also in 1901, John is in an industrial school, sent there by a magistrate.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:32 GMT (UK) »
Moderator comment: 1939 details removed as this dataset is exclusive to FindMyPast with a subscription, you may only post information from a free search. 
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Richard Banbury married Catherine Fox in Leicester, Dec quarter 1881 (7a, 282)
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 January 18 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Who were the witnesses  :-\

Many thanks for your reply rosie99. The witnesses are listed as William Cook and Daisy Davenport. I don`t recognise any of those names.

So your John William is the son of Richard and Catherine as per the 1891 census.

Richard Banbury 77 head harness maker Beeby Leicester
Catherine Banbury 31 wife London City
Hetty Banbury 9 dau Leicester
Kitty Banbury 8 dau Leicester
John William Banbury    3 months son Leicester

Thank you for response crisane. The details you mention are correct and ones I am already familar with.  ;)

If that is the right family, an online tree has it noted that it is Richards second family.
Also in 1901, John is in an industrial school, sent there by a magistrate.

Many thanks glenclare for your post. You are also correct with your details  ;)

Moderator comment: 1939 details removed as this dataset is exclusive to FindMyPast with a subscription, you may only post information from a free search.

Richard Banbury married Catherine Fox in Leicester, Dec quarter 1881 (7a, 282)

Thank you very much for your two replies Deirdre784. I already possess those details but thank you anyway  ;)

If I could have a wish list I would like some help trying to find more information on Frances as I don`t have subscription to any genealogy websites. I am struggling to find information either before or after her marriage to John William. As previously mentioned earlier in this thread other contributors were also struggling to find any information on Frances but I was hoping the marriage certificate may divulge some helpful details but there is not much apart from her age which carrying out the reverse calculation on her given marriage age of 20 suggesting that she was born circa 1894.

Any additional help and ideas would be gratefully received. Thank you very much indeed to all who have so far taken an interest in helping me with this thread.  ;D

Steve
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline Lesleyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 January 18 14:56 GMT (UK) »

Lesleyann

Offline Lesleyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 January 18 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I just noticed you already have the 1939 entry.

Lesleyann