Author Topic: WHERE IS HALL FIELD STAFFORDSHIRE PLEASE  (Read 5825 times)

Offline Marjorie

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
WHERE IS HALL FIELD STAFFORDSHIRE PLEASE
« on: Saturday 10 July 04 13:55 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace a great grandmother's birth, but all I know, from the 1881 census, is that she was born in HALL FIELD STAFFORD.  I know the approx. date and have been searching the 1837 site - however, no trace of Hall Field.  Can any one tell me if this is an area in Stafford or a town or village in Staffordshire, or what town it is near to, and probably registered as, please.

Would be grateful for any possible lead - I did wonder if it was near Dudley as I did find an entry which might be my gr. grandmother.

Many thanks.
BROOKES     WYER        JEAVONS    SMITH   MITCHELL     RADNALL  GILL            GROVES
ALLEN

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: WHERE IS HALL FIELD STAFFORDSHIRE PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 July 04 14:00 BST (UK) »

Looking on www.old-maps.co.uk Hall Field does not appear as a village / Town name.

I'd suggest that you work on the assumption that wherever it is, it is close to where she was in 1881. Look at the above site and see what you can find.

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Marjorie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 July 04 14:07 BST (UK) »
Wow - talk about a quick response!!!

Unfortunately she was in St George Bristol in 1881 where her youngest brother was born, and in between her being born at Hall Field and the brother at St George, another brother was born at Pensnett Stafford, a sister at West Bromwich Stafford and another brother at Bedminster Somerset - so not much help there.

I have tried a couple of map sites to no avail, not sure if I tried the one you suggested - but will do so now.

Many thanks for your quick response.
BROOKES     WYER        JEAVONS    SMITH   MITCHELL     RADNALL  GILL            GROVES
ALLEN

Offline Charlieralph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 01:44 GMT (UK) »
I have one who was born at Hallfields Bilston not far from Dudley. I have since found that Hallfields was a Street in Bilston. Do you have a name and cDOB?
Charlie
Gandy,Ralph,,Perry,Mason

Offline DMP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 02:07 GMT (UK) »
there is a ball fields (ballfields) wolverhampton
Butler/Willenhall/Smethwick/bromsgrove Briton/oldbury Doughty/Homer/Reynolds/Whitehouse/tipton Greenaway/gornal Phillips/,bala Toon/burton Selwood/tipton/worcester skidmore/hill top Wedgbury/worcester Wheatley/west Bromwich  Wooldridge/oldswinford  Worton/cradley Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ros Fornaro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 14 December 04 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marjorie,

Have you seen the actual transcript as it may be a transcriber's error.  Horsley is Gloucestershire is transcibed in 1881 as Savosley!!!!

If you give me details I will look it up for you.

Ros
Bell Coatbridge Sct
Cassels Dunbarton Lnk Sti Sct
Heggie Lnk Sct
Lusty Gls Eng Lnk Sct
McLuckie Stirling Sct
Moss Leek Sts Eng Vic Aust
Pride Gls Eng Geelong Vic Aust

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marjorie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Charlieralph, Megabelly and Ros for your input.

My grt. grandmother was Louisa Groves b. 1855/56, 1857/58 at Hall Field Stafford according to 1881 census and at Bradley Stafford according to 1871 census, and date of birth, as shown, slightly varies.    However, I know they both refer to the same person as the rest of the family tie up.   In both years the family were at St George Gloucestershire.    I have been unable to trace Louisa's birth on 1837 site from the info. I have - and have already received one incorrect cert. so am trying to tie down the place of birth at least and will take on board the info. you have given me and will try again. 

Many thanks.
ALLEN

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi. If you go to http://www.old-maps.co.uk/  and search for Bradley then option no 6 will take you to bradley and Hall Fields which was/is a bit of Bradley :)
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ros Fornaro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 15 December 04 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marjorie,

Bradley also Bradeley in the Philimore atlas.

Ros
Bell Coatbridge Sct
Cassels Dunbarton Lnk Sti Sct
Heggie Lnk Sct
Lusty Gls Eng Lnk Sct
McLuckie Stirling Sct
Moss Leek Sts Eng Vic Aust
Pride Gls Eng Geelong Vic Aust

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk