Author Topic: Help making sense of the Turcatti family in Australia  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help making sense of the Turcatti family in Australia
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 September 18 11:55 BST (UK) »
I know some turcattis in cairns - Rita is my cousin

Rod Brown
Cockatoo Network
Canberra
apdcockatoo@iprimus.com.au
Hello Rod, welcome to RootsChat
Did you know that Bill TURCATTI died at Bupa Nursing Home in Cairns on 24 Jan 2018 aged 81?
? Part of the family you know?  The notice in the Cairns Post 27 Jan 2018 does not identify any family by name.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Rod Brown

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 September 18 15:37 BST (UK) »
Yes in fact I only found out ‘young’ Bill had died when I googled his name yesterday. His younger sister Jean is still going - she’s is my cousin and her foster brother is Bob Manning the long-time mayor of Cairns. Her parents were Rita and old Bill. He was a wharfie and cane cutter in his youth. If you send me your email I will send an extract from the family history I am writing tho more about the Bakers

Are you in uk? Whereabouts

Regards Rod

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 September 18 03:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rod
I'm in Brisbane in Australia.
I knew about Bill's notice because I index notices from Cairns Post for the Ryerson Index and the name rang a bell.
(I do Innisfail and Ingham papers too, so learning lots of Italian names  :)  :) )
I'm not researching the family, thanks for the offer.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)