Author Topic: 17th Century Brittons, Bretons, etc. in England  (Read 6627 times)

Offline LPlantagenet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Dr. Lindsey Britton
    • View Profile
Re: 17th Century Brittons, Bretons, etc. in England
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 18:50 BST (UK) »
To Bevj,

Tracing lines forward past c 1930 is a big problem, but I will try posting a message on the Bedforshire board and see whether we can get a response.  Thank you for telling me about this large Britton family.  I'd love to find a representative for the project.  I suspect that my Brittons came from eastern England and were in the London area by the late 17th century.

Lindsey
Looking for the ancestors of John Britton bc 1672/3, probably in England, but living in Henrico Co., VA by 1684--The family has a rare Y-DNA signature and belongs to subgroup AS7E of Haplogroup I1--We are Family Group 1 in the Britton Project

Offline AL West

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 17th Century Brittons, Bretons, etc. in England
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 30 August 20 17:39 BST (UK) »
Hi there, recently discovered I'm descended from one of the Britton families in Bitton through my 4th great grandmother and am looking for anyone who might have a more complete family tree or info on the Britton families pre mid-1700s.

Also I believe my britton ancestors are from the Britton family group 7 if that helps.