Author Topic: barnett barr  (Read 314 times)

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
barnett barr
« on: Friday 21 November 08 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Hazel

I am researching 2 families, one Barnett and one Parr.  Barnett lived in a cottage in Little Kimble...not much hope of identifying which one! :-\   But Alfred Parr was an MD, and in 1861, he was listed as living in Bonny Brook, Little Kimble.  He had servants, and by 1871, he was living in a large house in Surrey. 

In 1861, James Barnett was a coachman, as he was in 1871, and living around the corner from where Alfred Parr was living in Surrey. 

I am assuming that Barnett moved with the family Parr from Little Kimble to Surrey. (His second wife, whom he married in 1883, was in 1881 actually living with Alfred Parr as a cook, strengthing my assumption that James was also working for the man.)

My question is this, is there or was there, any reasonably big house either called Bonny Brook, or in Bonny Brook? in Little Kimble.  Sorry for the long winded explanation, but I try to give the complete pciture!

Thanks!
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline haze73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: barnett barr
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 November 08 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Daisy Loo,

Bonny Brook is the name of the stream that runs through Little Kimble, and I gather it starts as at Ladymede House.

I don't know if there's a house of the same name as the stream, I shall ask my friend who's been over to Wendover (nearby) and around that area a number of times to research her family and will let you know if she recognises it.

Little Kimble is about 1/2 hour drive out of Wycombe, where I live. I haven't been there much - mostly drive through it, as it's on the route I take to get to Stoke Mandeville Hospital! But it's beautiful around there. I have a sneaky suspicion I visited the church there when I was doing my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze some years ago. Very old village, lots of history and beautiful farmland/scenery. I'd live there!

As I say, I'll get back in touch if my friend knows anything.

Cheers

Hazel

Arthur; Beresford; Bladen; Cooper; Eaves; Fullman; Garrett; Hart; McCallum; McCorquodale; McDonald; MacFarlane; Parks; Parr; Pike; Powell; Reader; Sinclair; Stephens; Tomkins; Trotman; Whitehead; Wilson; Woolnough

Offline haze73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 November 08 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Here's what my mate's just come back with (she's lovely!) - So it is a house after all!

Bonnybrook
Risborough  Road
Little Kimble
AYLESBURY
HP17 0UE

It's on the main road by the look of it (see multimap)

Googled it and it looks like Julie Needle Associates marketing business runs from there, that's not to say it's not still residential as well of course.

Arthur; Beresford; Bladen; Cooper; Eaves; Fullman; Garrett; Hart; McCallum; McCorquodale; McDonald; MacFarlane; Parks; Parr; Pike; Powell; Reader; Sinclair; Stephens; Tomkins; Trotman; Whitehead; Wilson; Woolnough

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 November 08 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hazel, you're great thanks.  Really appreciate the effort you've gone to :)
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire